How is the Yumi?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Neo3602, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Neo3602

Is the newly released Yumi any good?
  2. therbear

Only tried it in the VR. It can kill with one burst to the head. Expect to take at least two or three unless you have aim bot level accuracy. The delay in fire feels like almost a second. Given the TTK is usually less than a second in this game it seems like a clear loser in almost all cases. I will not be buying it, and I have bought all the NSX weapons so far. No interest in this weapon. The delay fire makes it unplayable.
  3. T.A.94

And then it got implemented to find all aimbot hackers XD

I think it "COULD" be useable on greater distances, you have to be a trusted companion to use it in CQC or extremly good at aiming
  4. Oleker2

Also tried on VR... and I have to agree the delay just kills the gun. You can easily over-click the gun and not fire the next burst in time. As for recoil it's like 95% vertical, with the horizontal being almost unnoticeable with a 3.4 scope. You can aim for the chin and control the recoil to the head for 1 burst kill, but I would say that is hard to pull of if the enemies are already shooting on you.

Nice idea for 5 round burst, but again... The delay makes the gun unusable.
  5. JobiWan

Maybe I missed it but I haven't tried it and the notes don't seem to say. What is it? LMG, Carbine, AR? What?
  6. CaptainButtes

Assault rifle. Nthing that the delay makes it unusable in real play. Don't bother.
  7. Tankalishious

It REALLY awards good aimers on 10-30 meters, and delivers good dmg from 30 and up. I like it
  8. Liewec123

its another Tomoe, a weapon that shouldn't be implemented,
    in a good players hand they become a god, it sucks for everyone else.
    • Up x 2
  9. Campagne

[IMG]
    Now you know how this thing feels...
    • Up x 3
  10. Rydenan

Unusable on NC.
    A friendly will step in front of you during the fire delay 100% of the time.
    • Up x 3
  11. JobiWan

Wrel on Twitter;

Yumi was tuned too far on the low end for release, gonna reel it in next update.
    • Up x 1
  12. BartasRS

LMFAO
  13. TheZetifate1745

It sucks i think the delay is like .7 seconds or feels like it so average players like me shouldn't use it.
  14. Nayrx

No good at longer range the shots climb to much. close up the delay gives the enemy a head start but is good at medium range as long as you stay behind cover. Best to use it like a scout rifle. it could use a standard semi auto mode to make it less of a niche weapon. my$0.02