[Vehicle] How I would change the Gatekeeper

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Aug 27, 2015.

1. ALN_Isolator

So the MR11 Gatekeeper AV turret is based on the MR1 Fracture, let's compare damage: the MR1 does 210 damage and has the ability to "combo", as it is a MAX weapon, when dual wielding allowing for the damage of 420 *insert MLG meme here* however the MR11 cannot and does an inferior damage of 150. (also inferior to the vulcan at 167) The MR11 DOES however have a higher firerate, nearly 0 CoF and barely any drop. (the last two of these changes need to be carried over to the MR1) even with these favorable accuracy stats it does a lot less DPS than dual Fractures which seems a bit broken to me. How I propose we fix this before the new ES AV weapons go live is:

#1: buff the damage to 200-250

OR

#2:buff the firerate to 250-280

OR

#3: keep all current stats as is and allow the MR11 to fire both barrels on one side of the gun at once allowing for a "combo"
  2. HadesR

It seems to stack up pretty well with what is supposed to ( Enforcer / Saron )

So is there any fix needed or warranted ?
    • Up x 3
  3. ALN_Isolator

Read the rest of the post? I think it's lacking, doesn't mean it is to other people. (although in its current state I won't buy it) This is how I would bring it to where I feel it needs to be to spend cents on it.
  4. Haquim

I'll wait till I can test it in live conditions before judging it.
    The accuracy seems pretty good, and I want to see how it fares compared to Halberd, Enforcer and Saron first
  5. Scr1nRusher

Gatekeeper + lockdown AP prowler is awesome.

The gate keeper does need abit more AI damage.
  6. Ronin Oni

^THIS is what's important.

Bear in mind Halberd, IIRC, has the highest DPS for long range compared to Enforcer and Saron... it's just more punishing on misses.

Gatekeeper does look fun though... to me anyways... I'll prolly get it for my Prowler.

You do know lockdown has zero effect on secondary turret right?

I honestly expect little in terms of effectiveness compared to Halberd, however it's rapid fire, high magazine, miss forgiving nature will likely make it better for long range combat on moving targets.

and no, I highly doubt it needs more AI damage... Saron is 3HK.... 50% of it's magazine.
    • Up x 1
  7. Lord_Avatar

It's AI potential is garbage, as it *should* be. It does seem rather unimpressive on paper, but the reasonable thing to do is to field test it on live servers and see how it compares against the Halberd and other ES equivalents.

On a side note - if DBG copy-pasted the Gatekeeper's current accuracy stats onto the Fracture I'd consider the latter fixed.
  8. FieldMarshall

A fracture for your tank? Pretty sure everyone will drop their Vulcan for this.