How I feel jetpacks should be implemented...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Fantom_17, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Fantom_17

There is a lot of discussion about the new jetpack sounds and both sides list there reasion why the new sounds are good/bad but those reasons boil down to:

Jetpack is made for mobility not stealth.

the sound is annoying/hurts ears of user.

jetpack does not provide the mobility it should.

OHK + stealth jetpack = lots of frusteration.

my take on a simple way to fix: ICARIUS JETS + different sound levels.

I have never experienced the Jets in beta, but they sounded like they were twice as fast but took forever to recharge, but everybody used them because they wernt ballanced enough, and they got taken out. Now I think we can bring them back and give the current jetpack sound to them, as well as put them on the minimap when they boost. perhaps disable/reduce fall damage?

cert level 150/200/250/500/1000 <idea

the regular jet gets a soud level reduced by, say, 40%, and it does not reactivate when you feather it, which is something a lot of people hate.

the drifter jets keep the old sound level. They seem like they dont get a lot of love because of their situationalness and people who want to stay stealthy can still have something to use. perhaps reduce COF to running level? (also I dont know if it is just me but I can hear the current jetpacks fine so they wouldent be 100% stealthy)

that way people have a choice of:

Mobility at the cost of enemy awareness

normal

stealth that is situational.

discuss :)
  2. LonelyTerran

How about we leave the stealth to Infiltraitors?
    • Up x 2
  3. CHC999

*sigh* All I want is to have the Jetpack from Space Marine. Loud, fast, feels good. None of these floaty BS. Why can I just have that? :(

And yeah leave the stealth to Infiltrators.
    • Up x 2
  4. LibertyRevolution

I just don't want it to sound like I shot a VS sniper riffle when every time I hit the spacebar.
    They can make it do it on lift off, I'm ok with that, but every time I hit space is not acceptable.
    The increased volume of wooooosh is fine with me also.
    It is just that mid air BANG, BANG, BANG I can't put up with.

30 days of LA playtime speaking here...