How do you kill Libs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GameSmacker, Jul 30, 2014.

1. GameSmacker

So far it seems like either:

1. Other Lib / Battle Gal
    2. MLG Ace Red Baron ESF Pilot
    3. Dozens of coordinated flak / lockons from below

Libs make this game so fun to play, I almost feel bad asking how to temporarily stop their cert farming.
    • Up x 2
  2. eatcow0

teamwork
    • Up x 3
  3. Plunutsud pls

It doesn't take dozens of flak or lock-on units, only a few.
    • Up x 6
  4. LT_Latency

Libs are not that bad anymore.

You can't kill one with a dual buster max. But you will send them running when you start shooting them.

Before they could ignore you and blast away from a while
    • Up x 2
  5. Taemien

Like you kill everything in this game.

Make its HP = 0
    • Up x 6
  6. Rogueghost

Decimator.
    • Up x 1
  7. Boildown

Air Hammer. Or I used to, haven't used it since the nerf.
  8. Icedude94

Stay in cover, wait for it to hover over your position, pop out and hit it with dumbfires.
  9. Ronin Oni

AH was specifically nerfed against Libs (and ironically somewhat range nerfed against Infantry, the primary target) so I don't think that works quite as good as before.

Anyways, if they're low enough (Hossin) then just dumbfires.

Otherwise, 3-4 AA units (G2A and/or Burster MAXes) will easily take one out if they don't bug out immediately upon starting to take fire.

3 nosegun ESF's with enough brainpower to not make themselves easy Dalton fodder will guarantee their death.

2 Tomcat A2A ESF's will QUICKLY turn one into debris. (I consider this the primary Lib counter TBQH)

a Single Lib pilot with Tank Buster getting an alpha strike on them guarantees a win.

2 Skyguards. A lone skyguard (or even lone burster) will chase them off in very short order.

A tank with a slope to get elevation on main gun to hit it.
  10. Thurwell

Apparently I'm either a "MLG Ace Red Baron ESF Pilot" or worth "3 nosegun ESF's". I wish.
    • Up x 1
  11. RHINO_Mk.II

1) Buy Galaxy
    2) Boop
    • Up x 5
  12. PraetorGavorn

One method I've tried and succeeded with time and time again is to equip the basic nose gun on my ESF, A2A missiles with extended range, and attack from as far away as I can.

An ESF is far faster and can kite a lib very well. Unless it's using a Shredder, it's at your mercy. It's just a rather time-consuming method, is all.
  13. Prudentia

if hovering:
    Heavy with deci from spawnroom, after each shot switch to pistol to cancel the reload, turn to terminal and hit e twice
    if annoying
    Liberator with tankbuster, afterburner and dalton, second and third being optional
    i then burn to them and fill them with a mag of tankbuster and then either:
    hover and fill them a second time
    pull up and dalton them
    ram them and jump out, as i only fly my removallibs as light Assault, cap the point, slaughter enemies and get a ******* by a princess
  14. Dasubur

Ah the patented "Action Hero." method.

Are you a bad enough dude to stop the libs and rescue the base?
  15. Cpt.Kornflake

"How do you kill libs?"

you can't
  16. Prudentia

cool dudes never look back at explosions... even if those explosions are across the entire sky
    • Up x 1
  17. TheReaperKing82

You could always just ram them with a galaxy. If you hit them with the bottom, you won't take much damage and you can live to ram more targets out of the sky.
    • Up x 1
  18. GameSmacker

So libs aren't ridiculously overpowered game-ruining playerbase killing abominations then?
  19. a-koo-chee-moya

You've been listening to what I call, the "Fox News" forumers.
    • Up x 1
  20. david06

For some reason SOE doesn't think that dedicated anti-air counters should directly counter air just deter it, so you're usually better off grabbing a gal and ramming the liberator, cheesing it with decimator(not G2A lockon) from the spawn room, or pulling another liberator
    • Up x 2