how do you gain certs as a sniper

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by W01fe, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Jex =TE=

Except after you have done 3 of each you cease to get the XP for them until you kill someone, then it resets. This is complete BS and I have to say that I agree with other posters when they say "SOE don't give two ***** about the infi class"
  2. antofornax

you dont, switch as engi and go repair. cloak working so well that dev team aint seeing anything
  3. applecherry

Well infiltrator dont have much options to gain exp except killing and hacking whereas other class could heal or distribute ammo. .most importantly just enjoy yourself and dont be too bothered with the exp thingy.

[IMG]
  4. ArcKnight

you dont get spot bonus for using the RDD
  5. PaperPlanes

The problem with sniping is you can't get away with it in any random situation. Other classes are functional nearly all the time, sniping infils are only useful in bigger fights with a lot of targets, where people pay less attention and there are more slow moving and stationary targets, which allows you to make better shots from extreme range.

If you go sniping in small fights and skirmishes you just rarely get the targets presenting themselves and you're much more likely to be found out.

Doesn't help that the more entry bolt actions have garbage bullet speed, it gets a lot better when you get a top tier rifle that puts rounds down range quickly, you will have to lead a lot less and people will be less likely to ruin your shots by randomly stepping away as your bullet is in its flight path.
  6. illgot

Sniper is my fun game play. Nets me about 20 certs an hour.

If I want certs I grind it out as an engineer repairing turrets or in a vehicle killing mass infantry.
  7. Crywalker

8. RobotNinja

1. Don't wait for the battle to come to you, go where the battle is.

2. Bouncing Betty.

3. SMG

4. More Bouncing Betties.

5. Spot enemy vehicles that are smoking for free spot xp bonuses.

6. Get creative.

7. Don't spot if it gives your position away and enemies are nearby.

8. Keep moving. Don't camp in the same spot for two long because you'll get noticed or the guys you just killed will come looking for you.

Here's a clip showing some more aggressive playstyle as an Infiltrator:

9. Asidhe

VS snipers have bullet drop. Whether the V10 or the Parallax, they behave exactly the same as the other factions counterparts.
  10. SgtBreastroker

I hoard headshots with the Bolt Actions and use my scanner gun thing in places where there is a massive Zerg Rush (ie TI Alloys or Crossroads Watchtower)
  11. Gav7x

killin peepz
  12. Veri

I notice many players as an infiltrator go to tech plants and biolabs, destroy the gens, hack a vehicle terminal and take out some turrets then run off to the next one before they get caught.

So if you are playing the infiltrator role as just a sniper, you will not get much.
  13. Bloodmyth

Slowly is the answer to the question but gain you will, certainly enough to spend on the inf, if you're playing multiple classes to cert up don't use the inf as a reliable cert income unless you like the hacking stealthy SMG rush in type of play.
  14. Mustarde

It is possible to get 80-100 certs (unbonused) per hour as a pure sniper. But in my experience this requires you to go to the crown with a bolt action, silencer and find a good spot (a few of those good spots have been shared in older threads on this subforum). Pop headshots and repeat. It is not the most entertaining way to play (but there are moments of excitement in there). I will do this on occasion, but find more fulfillment joining a squad or small platoon and helping them fight for bases all over the place. But when none of my friends are online, the crown, a biolab roof, or crossroads will usually net me a pile of certs in a short period of time.

I hack things to disrupt the enemy but rarely use the hacked turrets - usually ends in death and I can kill faster with a rifle. As always, YMMV.

15. Engine91

BEWM HEADSHOT!.

sniping. hacking terminals in support of your team. etc.
  16. SGTWOLF68

17. Tenebrae Aeterna

I switched to Engineer,

I can obtain certifications quicker, and easier, with that particular class than the Infiltrator. I hope that such isn't the case when I can actually get my hands on a 1000 certification bolt action, but we'll see. Either way, I farm certs with the Engineer and put them into my Infiltrator to build it up.

Ammo Packs.
    Repair Max suits.
    Repair vehicles.
    Jump in a tank and kill, then skirt away and repair tank yourself.

Just so many certification options, and they're all extremely easy to accomplish. That's aside from just gunning like a normal infantry soldier...which you can also do. When I get my bolt, then I'll roam out into the long ranges and snipe my headshots. :)
  18. Jack_Frost

SMG, suppressor, soft point ammo, extended mag/lazer sight and a scope of your choosing (using NV myself). Sneak in, get close, land headshots, stealth out. Utilize claymores as needed, or take some healing packs. :)

Very fun style to play, get creative!

Also hack turrets, terminals and vehicle thingies.