[Vehicle] How do YOU counter the Vulcan-H?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doc Jim, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Doc Jim

[THIS IS ABOUT THE VULCAN-H, NOT THE PROWLER VERSION]

First I wanted to write a rant about how ridiculous the Vulcan-H is, but I am beyond that.
    So, what do you guys do when a Vulcan-H starts chewing up your team?
    For me this abomination is a reason to leave the fight outright.
    • Up x 3
  2. Allin

1. Harry Vulcan is extremally annoying when unchecked. People in PS2 are blind cattle, and this gives VHarry biggest advantage.

2. Yesterday I got a nice teamup with my platoon with 2 AV Magriders and a Skyguard. We killed about 20+ Harrasers, never dying to one, sometimes fighting 3 at a time.

They do require stepping up your awareness, yes, but it's actualy a fun challenge to fight them. They are a real danger to alone tank without gunner, but on the other side, everything is.
    • Up x 8
  3. z1967

By being TR :|
    • Up x 7
  4. Turiel =RL=

If one could counter it, it wouldn't be as ridicously OP as it is.
    • Up x 3
  5. FateJH

Shoot them with your gun. Have your ally shoot it with his gun. Have your other ally also shoot at it with his gun. The Vulcan-H will fly away with its tail between its legs quickly.
    • Up x 6
  6. Alarox

Counter it while doing what?
    • Up x 1
  7. Allin

It's not THAT OP, it's strong, but people badness gives it best trait - surprise element.
    • Up x 5
  8. DoctorXqY

Go fight the VS instead. Continue to get harassed by vulcan harassers because they're ******* everywhere. Stop playing. Go watch TV.

That's the most effective counter to Vulcan harassers I've seen.
  9. BobSanders123

I have found this method to be extremely effective and it works every time:

1) Esc
    2) Log out
    • Up x 4
  10. Allin

And If I can handle one with ease in magrider, how the hell vanguard with shield can't do it, with a massive AV damage (2 shot kill not three as in my case) and 5s time to actualy ignore the Harraser and reposition.

As I said, people make it strong by being unaware of their surroundings and only spammign cannon on 3x zoom. Look at the map, take scanner, you can be fine.
    • Up x 2
  11. breeje

how do you counter the vulcan?
    shoot back a harasser is easy to kill
    even a couple guys with just there rifle can kill it
    this is why the vulcan on a harasser dos not need a nerf

a powerful weapon with a easy to kill vehicle
    it's all about hit and run
    we as infils do not ask how to counter a HA
    maybe we sud also ask for a HA nerf, because they are stronger and hard to kill ?
    • Up x 3
  12. Eulayze

Leave the vulcan how it is. It's called asymmetric balance. I play VS, I get my heavily certed mag eaten up by Vulcan-H now and then, it's fine. It's a mobile platform making use of a close range weapon. It's a smart pairing, and with enough threads like this they'll nerf it until there aren't any smart pairings left. People are aware they're common, so a meta should evolve. Don't be a lone tank in an open area. That's the ideal situation for a vulcan harrasser and people complain when a setup functions well in it's ideal conditions.
    • Up x 4
  13. WTSherman

There is one counter I have found to be fairly reliable against harassers in general, though ever since the tracking nerf it requires VERY open terrain.

Get about 3-4 guys with G2G lockons and an engie to give them ammo. Set up about 150-200m from friendly armor. Far enough to get a good view/not get vulcaned yourself, close enough that your threat range covers at least part of their approach/escape routes.

Try to all lock on to the same Harasser. 2-3 rockets should get standard harassers if fired close together, 3-4 for composite.

It's probably a good idea to pick one guy to call out volleys. The more synchronized your fire is, the less time they have to repair between hits.

Used to be the Striker was the only RL that could do this, but after the harasser was nerfed during WDS it now works with any ground lockon. If you use annihilators you can also do some AA when the harassers leave.

Edit: if possible, set up on top of a cliff or very steep hill so it's difficult for them to get within 100m of you. That's far enough that infantry at least can probably be kept alive by a medic.
    • Up x 3
  14. Obstruction

dalton/shredder/zephyr or even the walker/drake if you catch them on the way out of a fight. they can double back pretty fast but they really can't outrun a lib.
  15. RHINO_Mk.II

Shredder Lib makes Vulrassers very sad.
    • Up x 4
  16. Tommyp2006

Yup, I've always had good luck against harassers that were in open terrain with lockons. Doesn't take many to kill them.
    • Up x 2
  17. Illucidator

Lol ur kidding right....even if i was using an auto shotty it would take 3+ clips to take it out. Even if the gunner was a complete idiot i think he would notice and take you out. Also i run my harasser with composite armor so it would be even harder to kill.
  18. breeje

no I'm not kidding, the times me and my team take out these harassers
    harasser is to easy to kill
    even me the infil finishes them of
  19. NinjaTurtle

One doesn't simply counter the Vulcan, what you smoking son?
  20. ronjahn

Just shoot the damn things. I must have killed 50+ of these careless harassers in the last few days, while only dieing to it once when 2 of them engaged me when I was already less then half health.

People are blowing it out of proportion. If you shoot it before it gets within 50m it goes away or dies. It's powerful, but certainly not as impossible as all the QQBabies would make you think.
    • Up x 5