How do you best HEAVY with C4? :)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by actionpark, Jan 17, 2017.

1. actionpark

I need inspiration because I want to try C4 on my Heavy. So you guys who play a lot of HA with C4 - please share your favourite loadout.

Im wondering what shield and suitslot you prefer when you don't have medkits? :)
    Cheers!
  2. Huxer

Well nothing say adrenaline shield like high explosives right?
  3. Pat22

Either I run with ASC / Resist and equip a regen implant to make up for the lack of medkits, or just accept that I'll die easier, go full on with AV grenade bando and try to keep a medic near me.
  4. Mojo_man

I run Adreno-Weave C-4 on my Heavy with the Masamune, Desperado, and SAW. Also, conc nades. It works a lot better than you may think. Conc a room, C4 it, mow down whats left with the lawnmower that is the SAW. I've done it a LOT and gotten quite a few fun moments out of it.
  5. DeadlyOmen

Best advice for C4 I wish I had gotten:

Don't die without having chucked it.
  6. Erendil

HA..... with no medkits?

I don't get it.

This is a trick question, right?
    • Up x 1
  7. Chazt

Nah I always run c4. The way I see it is the medics job to insure I get healing whenever I need it, if I am going solo I can always run regeneration. Believe it or not the heavy was designed as a unit to counter vehicles, and as such c4 is an excellent option for when you are able to flank a sunderer.

Anyway I always use adrenaline shield with advanced shields or flak. If you want to run c4 heavy the biggest problem is being able to close the distance between you and your target without dying. If you are NC than I recommend using the phoenix as most vehicles take additional damage from it making what appears to be lower damage much much higher. It also insures that if a vehicle attempts to flee from you while flaming you will finish the job.

Keep in mind that as a C4 heavy you have two priorities, maxes and sunderers. Flanking a sunderer and destroying if before the enemy notices is an excellent way to turn a fight around instantly, with two bricks and a couple rockets you can destroy most sunderers easily.

Don't be afraid to fight just because you don't have med kits. As long as you have decent aim you will win nearly any one on one engagement with shield strength, using the adrenaline shield will make sure you always have a portion of your shield up, which translates to a slight advantage no matter what. I wouldn't recommend taking resist shield unless you are also going to take regeneration as an implant, but keep in mind that doing so provides less of an immediate advantage and makes your ability much weaker in proportion to how much of your health remains.