How do I start off as TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crackulous, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Crackulous

Hello there fellow forumers, I recently deleted my TR char because it didn't work as well as I intended it to. I started off by only certing into the Prowler, and a little into my Mossie. I'm not interested in infantry/MAX combat, only into the tank and ESF due to the tank being distinctly different from the Magrider and the ESF being my preferred farming tool.

I don't find it difficult to farm bases, as long as my Prowler has a nearby ammo source as the high ROF results in high damage capacity but low ammo sustainability. It's new player friendly imo, so it works well in this regard. As for the Mossie, I'm building an A2G specific, but the absence of a tier 3 airframe, scout radar (a preference of mine, I can escape locks by breaking line of sight half the time), and thermal makes it difficult to find targets for easy kill streaks. The Banshee's mag only has 25 rounds, which runs out in a short amount of time compared to the Light PPA.

I'm finding it difficult to obtain killstreaks in my ESF due to me being blind when it comes to finding targets, and the Prowler nets a ton of kills in one situation and none in another. Finding the ideal place to anchor is a challenge for me. Any suggestions you'd like to offer?
  2. Paperlamp

Well certs aren't limited so you made a mistake deleting your TR character. Unless you wanted a new name or reset on your stats, you just wasted all those certs.

I'd assume you know that having a BR 72, but I dunno.

The main thing about the Prowler is it's not as roaming friendly as the Magrider -- unless maybe you're good at it and/or have a good secondary gunner and/or have it well certed out, I have none of these things so I can't speak for that experience.

You have to find good places to put it since you can't glide out of bad situations as easily. Rolling with a zerg often you end up fighting for a small number of targets with a bunch of other tankers though, so you either need to find a reasonable large zerg vs. zerg, or figure out how to use it well enough with a smaller squad - maybe join an outfit with an armor division that directs armor to where it's needed most so you're not out of the action as much or sitting in a tank behind a zerg watching the base cap timer slowly go down while the spawn is so relentlessly shelled you only get a few kills out of it.

The mosquito is probably just not as infantry-farming friendly as the scythe, pilots seem to choose it more for air vs. air than air vs. ground, TR pilots seem to like their dogfights. This is great if you're an infantry since they keep the skies pretty clean and I rarely die to air, but I assume they're not netting as many infantry kills as they could with a scythe. This speculation from only observation though, I am terrible at flying and sometimes even die just trying to use them as transportation since the controls just don't work for me and I CBA putting the time to learn since I know it'd be awhile before I stopped getting crushed by way more experienced pilots, and probably also would annoy our own pilots by being clumsy and in their way/crashing into them.
  3. Furrydaus

How about asking your fellow TR? Unless they are not willing to help you.
  4. IamDH

I run rotary + lolpods on my mosquito. Works like a charm

Farm errday
  5. Predator01cz

I don't get it... you earn XP (resulting in certs) at the same rate at every BR (depending on your gameplay)
    Battle ranking up faster when starting the game has nothing to do with it.

You either majorly derped, or I'm missing something.
  6. IamDH

He's a BR72 so im pretty sure he knew about the cert system.
  7. Spude

You reroll to VS for easy certs and wins, after you have facerolled as VS you can choose other factions.
  8. Lucerin_SolTech

At BR72, he's still only 40% into leveling that char. You still gain certs and exp after BR100 IFAIK.
    • Up x 1
  9. sindz

Step 1.

Use medic standard AR. Win all engagements.

Step 2.

Get striker - you'll never see a NC or VS plane ever.

Step 3.

Join a server where TR is overpop, which shouldnt be hard since its around 9 out of 10 servers. Then win an alert by being 10% overpop and claim its superior tactics and skill that won, not the sheer numbers that zerged and steamrolled any defence.

Thats how its done.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mootar

1. Play medic, cert up your heal tool and put a decent optic on your default AR.
    2. Use the tons of incoming certs to make your Mosquito decent, then your Prowler.
    3. Buy a TAR for your Medic.
    4. Win.
    • Up x 1
  11. RHINO_Mk.II

Pretty much this.
  12. MaxDamage

Bro. You deleted your character for no reason.
  13. uhlan

Mr Crackulous is either really bored, trolling or both.
  14. Tommyp2006

Prowler and mossie only? Simple, get the rotary for the mossie first. IMO that's the most important thing for either. Then get the first level of flares and Nanite auto repair. After that, get your engineer tool leveled up, at least to the second to the last level. Then IMO get auto repair for the prowler as well, as it helps minimize downtime, but that really depends on your playstye. Once you get at least level one in the frame, defense, and utility slot for both, get a few levels of ammo capacity for both vehicles, particularly for the Prowler. Then work on leveling things up as you see fit, though I if you run NAR, I would max that first on both vehicles, then your frames, then the utilities last. As you start to last longer in the field, you'll want more levels of ammo capacity, so that you don't have to keep going back for ammo as much. If you plan on running anchor mode, get at least level 3 zoom. Otherwise, run thermal. Thermal on everything. That should keep you fairly buisy on certs till around BR 40 or 50, maybe higher.

Personally as a BR 94 TR that's my opinion. With the Banshee, thermal is NECESSARY, you will pick out targets very quickly. Also, don't hesistate to get magazine size certs as often as possible, the Banshee really needs it. Not a big fan of it unless I'm in a big fight because otherwise you'll just get picked off by other ESFs, dogfighting skills are the most important thing to have as an ESF pilot for survivability. I still prefer flares to scout radar myself because they can afford you just the amount of time you might need to either escape and break the inevitable next lock, or kill the guy trying to lock you. Also, Hover frame is by far the best frame for the Mossie.
  15. Brahma2

By deleting that character and going VS.
  16. JudgeDeath

"How to start as TR":

1. Point, shoot, claim XP.
    2. Yell about tactical superiority when mobbing server with +15% pop.
    3. Claim anything that kills you as op.
    4. Do the 3 monkeys routine when anyone mentiones Mossy, Prowler or other faction benefits.

Now you are good to go till BR100, enjoy :)
    • Up x 1
  17. Iridar51

I'm a fellow TR.

Burn in hell, farmer.
    • Up x 1
  18. RogueVindicare

Yeah... no offense, but coming to the forum to ask "As a TR, how do I farm better with vehicles?" isn't going to make you many friends.

In fact, in many people's minds, it basically makes you the personification of about 60% of what is wrong in this game.
    • Up x 1
  19. CrashB111

So mad, so bad, and so wrong.

Especially the remarks about the Striker and TR being overpop. The Striker is damn near worthless for AA duty after its nerf since you get higher dps by using the Grounder, and TR certainly does not have overpop on the majority of servers. I think you can look more towards your ZOE herds for who that crowd is.
    • Up x 2
  20. Hoki

TR weapon loadouts you can't go wrong with, CQC and open-field variants.
    Does this mean that other weapon loadouts are wrong?
    No, it just means you won't be disappointed with them. I shoots with all the weapons and these never let me down in the CQC and open-field roles respectively.

All classes:
    Pistol:
    • Emperor unsilenced laser
    • Thats it. Once you learn the diff between it and the repeater, it'll become clear why.

Carbines
    • Jaguar no-barrel adv-laser soft-point, good ironsights
    • T5 AMC compensator adv-grip no-ammo, 2x is good

ARs
    • TAR no-barrel adv-laser soft-point, good ironsights
    • T1S-Cycler compensator grip no-ammo, 2x is good

LMGs
    • MSW-R no-barrel adv-laser soft-point, good ironsights
    • T32-Bull compensator grip no-ammo, 2x is good