How come this stat padder aint banned yet?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jaktrobot, Mar 4, 2014.

1. MongooseTwoFive

Even with the knowledge that people are selling these accounts, it doesn't bother me still that much. If they want to be dumb dumb dougans and waste tons of time stat padding, and then someone else wants to be a dumb dumb dougan and buy an account on a F2P game, go right ahead. Of course I'm not opposed to them being banned either, nobody likes a gold farmer. I just don't see it being as critical as people wallhacking or stuff.
  2. Hatesphere

When it bypasses the mechanisms designed to keep this game funded and hands money to a third party, yeah it is a clearly warranted ban.
    • Up x 2
  3. Robes

What other people do with their time/money doesn't really bother me unless it directly affects me, so i guess i just never will understand why it does some people.
  4. Robes

Guess you didn't see where SOE stated they don't really care if you buy an account or not, you just wont get support help if you can't prove its yours.
  5. Hatesphere

practically the same thing, you have problems with it and your screwed, they likely dont want to have to go through the PR nightmare of banning to many accounts. its still a bad thing for the game, since it means less money to keep the servers up.
  6. Kite Carling

Where did they say that?
  7. Hatesphere

they might have said it about normal account at one point, that I can believe, but if you buy someones account and it has a history of stat padding and bot cert farming, they probibly wont hesitate to ban it.
  8. Kite Carling

I don't think SOE is cool with you buying an account regardless of its history. Even if it was used to home kittens and shelter rhinoceroses, I'm pretty sure they will *not* allow it.

Anyway, let's wait for Robes' reference.
  9. Robes

Can't remember, think it might have been an SOE guy post it here awhile back.

There won't be a reference from robes, like i said, i think i seen somebody post that here awhile back, you can feel free to go find it.
  10. Hatesphere

Ah, the you can feel free to find it evidence, the most reliable kind.
  11. Robes

Im feeling as though youre a little off on what my intention is, im not here to prove im right, as a matter of fact i could be mixing games up and be completely wrong. I said what i seen, thats about it if you dont believe it then alright, if you do then alright, if you don't know if you do or not and want me to dig through these forums for an hour then youre out of luck. It matters far more to you than it does to me so if you really want to know, i said i seen it from a post on the forums so you know where to look, thats the whole reason i said i seen it on the forums.
  12. Divinorium

I don't care about these guys.

SOE?

SHOULD care.

Why? Let's put this way: Ppl who would buy exp bonus/membership are buying these accounts/doing the stats pad for certs.

But hey it's SOE... so they, probably, don't care about it too.
  13. SharpeShooter

hahahaha him and his mate have killed their alts over 2,000 times each lol no revive farm can compete with that lol
  14. Shellana

Stat padding == easy certs. Who cares about the SPM when you are doing it on an automated script while AFK. Also, you have to look at the SPM of all accounts involved, which includes the medic doing the revives.

Why does it matter? Because easy cert farming means less money spent buying items with SC. Why spend 700 SC when I can afk bot my way to 1000 certs. Why buy a membership with +50% XP and 48 passive certs a day, when I can get a lot more than that afk botting?

Stat padding like this is a bannable offense for a reason. Don't mess with SOEs pocketbook.
    • Up x 1
  15. JustARandomNobody

Its a bit more than just a few certs..... Not to mention it is done AFK by a macro. It isn't people messing around.
  16. FocusLight

This.

This tool is clearly pitiable, and a huge waste of everyone else's time, but that alone is not a bannable offense IIRC.

And what IF he's the top ranker? You know he's stat padding. Simply remove him from the top mentally and crown the next best guy that's actually playing legitimately and earning his place in a fair manner.

Anyone can inflate their numbers and call themselves whatever they want on the top of the killboard, it will still be as meaningless as assuming that a very high K/D makes you awesome at... anything, really.
  17. FocusLight

This on the other hand IS a bannable offense.

Burn his *** to a crisp and keep a look out for more of them.
  18. Pondera

I was recently involved in a small scuffle in the new Highroads Station base as a medic, and got 3 revive ribbon awards over the course of about 20 minutes. That's 45 Revives. I made a video of that farm. It's on my youtube account in my sig.

Now, while the overall CERT gain might be higher simply because these two chucklemongers have more hours in the day to mindlessly shoot people in the head, the RATE that they gain them is much much lower. And if they're just doing this to pad their K/D ratio, congratuations, they have managed to COMPLETELY miss the point of fun and gaming.

And if they're selling these accounts, I say ban both the seller and the buyer. If you're desperate enough to BUY an account with all the work already done for you on a Free to play game, then you don't have the skill and commitment necessary to master the skill-based mechanics that are in this game. And I REALLY dislike the scamming spams that can sometimes pop up in games like this. In DCUO, there is an automated bot that constantly spams messages for a virus laden website that will give players game money for real money.

My policy on that kind of thing is zero tolerance. It's the same reason I don't spill lucky charms under the fridge. I don't like what it attracts.