How can a harrasser survive 5 tank mines?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Schwarzpferd, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Schwarzpferd

As the frustration against vulcan harrassers rises I try to combat them best I can, but today I threw down 5 anti-tank mines and later on while I was right next to them in my lightning a vulcan harrasser comes right by me, over all the mines, and no explosion was triggered.

Anyone have any idea how this could have happened? My only guess is he used turbo and went over them too fast to actually be close enough to the mines long enough to trigger their explosion.

I admit to not understanding fully the activation time and the like of tank mines so any tips would be appreciated so that I can delploy them effetively in the future.
  2. Leftconsin

It is possible to turbo out of range because tank mines have a fuse time. I've been told this by a guy with 'rax lumifiber for the Harasser.
    • Up x 1
  3. ronjahn

Horrible client side hit detection and other such nonsense. If you are driving a harasser and see that you are about to run over tank mines, it's not even worth it to try to avoid them or try to stop, you are much better off turboing right over them most of the time and any harasser driver knows this.

I made a rage post about this like 2 years ago.

It all comes down to the fact that the harasser moves faster then the server can recognize.
    • Up x 1
  4. St0mpy

well ive had my 'rax lumi for some time now and what you are describing is like, maybe a 1 in 1000 event because in my experience they are very reliable all other times. Sometimes clipping a single (or a single outlier of a group) puts me on burning needing instant suppression then hide to rep but theres no way ever to just glide full on over 5 without lag or a jump involved.
  5. MrJoske

They changed it not so long ago to detonate much faster, before that you could turbo over them very reliable (source: me never bothering avoiding and just turbo right over them). Now you can't anymore really.