Hossin Stream - Clash of the EU Servers

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Kalyper, Aug 11, 2013.

1. MrMurdok

[IMG]
  2. VSMars

Well, it's a test server. Those need a good trashing and crashing from time to time, getting beaten up is their job. Better them than the live servers anyway. ;)

Log-in server seems to work better now, by the way.
  3. Gary

4. TheJan

But question is, will Woodman players make new characters as Miller, Cobalt and Ceres?
    You know, a fresh made PTS char has enough certs to access to anything, in comparison to a normal BR 1 char on a a normal server.
  5. Osskscosco

No Hossin on Woodman so who cares?
  6. Nenarch

Yeah, our outfit isn't going to roll BR 1 chars on woodman.. Can't get any real vehicles or guns or anything with BR 1.

Not to mention going to EU server to play during peak hour in EU.. smart.. NOT.
  7. Mastachief

To be more constructive would it be possible to upgrade the server hardware to that of a proper server. We are trying to help SOE develop the game after all and properly stress test new content.

It is not just the pop but before the load there are big issues with lag and network traffic. Hossin is a massive fps hit too.
    • Up x 2
  8. Renko

Vanu just locked Hossin.
    GG everyone, Ceres and Cobalt for the win !
    We can stop hearing "Miller is the best EU server" ! :)
    • Up x 3
  9. Torok

my eyes
  10. SirIBON

Congratulations, Best EU Ghostcaper ever :)

Who says that? But he is right :)

Back to the real World. i will do it better in an other Thread....
    • Up x 1
  11. Renko

Right after the crash, the servers went back, and there was many people on Hossin, with only 27% Vanu.
    And then, facility after facility, people gived up as we were about to lock Hossin. So yeah, in the end it was ghostcapping, but you guys didn't have to give up. You lose, that's all.
  12. Osskscosco

Like 20-30% of the players logged back.

Ghostcapping must be considered skill on cobalt and ceres. lol
  13. Nenarch

Dunno to whom you guys "lost" hossin, but it definately wasn't the real core VS from cobalt. Let's just say we had a good tech plant alert same time starting soon aftert the test server went down.

I'd gues we where missing about 2-3 real outfits from that alert or they never visited our amerish where most vs tech plants where capped during the alert.

Anyways arrange the next event again for sunday evening, maybe 1h earlier.. as the time to get organised is so long.. especially as it seems we need to take into account SOE's failure with EU relations what's too common mistake from that company in my own experience. That way we might have 3-4h's of real game play after 1h of messing around to get everyone to same spot.