Hossin, love it or hate it. We're playing it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PYROxSYCO, Jul 29, 2017.

1. PYROxSYCO

Every time when my friends and I would run in a squad. The message "The (insert team) has captured Hossin" and I would crack the same iteration of the in response to the voice. "Nothing was lost and nothing was gained!" But since this recent update to "map cycle system", we are now forced to eat this continent that has been the butt of many other jokes regarding a lack of player activity and so on regarding layout, design, performance, playstyle.

Hopefully the Devs response to this amount of criticism to fix it like they have with the other continents. The bad part of this is that it putting features that sometimes go a against the lattice system it was designed for or having to rearrange some key parts of the map. Now this kind of rests on the player.

As players I think it is kind of our jobs to help with improvements to the game whether in the form of criticism or suggestions. Please understand that these Devs have to be a little balanced in their choices on what can be made to this map that has collected a fair amount of digital dust over the course of a couple years.

So please as player and a faithful community that we are, hopefully this continent will improve over time with helpful suggestions and criticisms from the community, map improvements from the Devs or a change in playstyle from the players themselves adapting to change of environment that this "New" continent offers.

TL;DR, The more you ******* play the damn map the better, the Devs know how and what to change about it. Help, don't Hinder them.
  2. FateJH

Pave the whole thing over with concrete and build a mall.
    • Up x 3
  3. EsoEs

One of my favorite things to do in PS2 is drive a Magrider, and granted I don't have much experience on Hossin, but when I pulled a Magrider the other day at Nason's Defiance, it was an absolute nightmare. I got stuck on so much crap, couldn't manuever at all, and just gave up on the tank leaving it idling in a swamp somewhere.

If you want to make Hossin more focused on infantry fights, either prevent players from pulling tanks, or make the limited places where you can safely drive tanks much more clear.

That complaint aside, I did really enjoy the layout of Nason's Defiance, and had a great fight at Broken Vale Garrison as well.
  4. LordKrelas

The Roads are the sole place you can drive a Vehicle.
    The water is death. For pockets of fire lurk hidden below.
    The Swamp things are death. For they shall not be touched without pain.
    And the Sky rains fiery death from the safety of the wicked traitor trees.

Welcome to Hossin.
    A Nightmare in general, when you haven't arrived to the base.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Hossin is a PITA to move around on foot as well. At least infantry can run LA to jump a lot of obstacles. Perhaps DBG could be asked to produce a jungle breaker attachment you can buy for tanks that enables them to drive through the undergrowth a bit more easily.............

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. OldMaster80

Pssst... hey you... maybe it's because it's a jungle swamp... :|
    • Up x 1
  7. PYROxSYCO

We once found an abandoned Magrider and my entire squad got on top of it and took a picture of it. I guess it happened more than once.
    • Up x 2
  8. Nintyuk

Damm that's some WW2 War story shizz right there