HOSSIN HAPPENING THREAD

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hotbread, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Hotbread

In this thread we talk about Hossin and continent locking.
    Speculate about what it will do to the game.
    Speculate the ETA.
    Freak out.
    Post "it's happening" memes.
    • Up x 5
  2. Quiiliitiila

Well, I for one will be excited for continent locking when the actual continental lattice goes up. Until then, it's just a stop-gap.
  3. Corvus Corax

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  4. flynn444

Higby tweeted yesterday, "Our plan as of right now is to get Hossin, continent locking, outfit recruitment & outfit base capture live with next week's update."

So there's your ETA.
  5. Plunutsud pls

I think it might break the game for a few weeks or months, an entire new continent plus continent locking is a lot for one update.
  6. Gambitual

Understand that that is their "plan." Plans can fail. Plans can have setbacks. While I would love to have all of those things working in a week's time, I understand that no promises are made. Just make it good and I can wait.
    • Up x 1
  7. FateJH

What us this outfit recruitment they mention?
  8. gigastar

Basically trying to get newbies into a decent outfit before they get sucked up by invite spammers.
  9. doombro

People will enjoy hossin for 2-3 weeks at most, then go back to indar like nothing happened. 2 months later, everybody will say they hate hossin despite how much they claimed to love it at first. You can quote me on that.

Continent locking is the chemo for the cancer that is alerts. Can't wait for that.
    • Up x 3
  10. Jaedrik

• Up x 2
  11. Hotbread

I'd rather play a broken game than a boring one.
    Some of the glitches can be fun too. I once drove right through a rock on Amerish.
  12. Rift23

A week tops and we're all back on Indar.
  13. ShadowViper

I'll just expect it out mid July, sorry devs, I don't have faith in that release window.
  14. Corporate Thug

When Hossin comes out I predict trees will see their K/D ratios soar from sore pilots and rows of tankers huddled up at the warpgate, scared to venture out due to all the light assaults popping their heads out from behind cover with C4 in hand.
  15. minhalexus

Every FPS has a favorite map.

I don't know why, but simple maps attract people.
  16. Villanuk

Hossin is a vile map which offers little to anyone other than infantry. I would be more excited by having eye surgery on me performed by a blind monkey.
  17. Pikachu

A) Indar never gets locked so it remains Indarside.
    B) Indar gets locked sometimes and the majority of players quit because they only want Indarside.
  18. doombro

And for some reason, it's almost always the desert/sandy maps!

de_dust2
    That one map from CoD2 (it's been a while)
    Strike
    Rust
    Mesa (props and a hug to anyone who knows what I'm talking about)
    Indar

It keeps happening!
  19. minhalexus

de_dust2 = indar of countstrike
  20. Hotbread

You guys are pretty pessimistic.
    • Up x 1