[Suggestion] Hossin Facilities: Acan Bio Lab update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JarredGalaxy, Aug 5, 2023.

1. JarredGalaxy

I have made posts regarding facilities before, this one is in regards to the Acan Bio Lab on Hossin.

One of the more common Bio Labs in the game, it is more or less one of the lesser contested locations on Hossin for one due to its location and it often times will just get cut off and quickly capped with not many huge fights happening there. I do think that Bio Labs as a whole could use a little touching up to all for more enjoyable fights like some changes to interior layouts as well as more detail on the outside like buildings so it's not the same basic fight at different locations, Bio Labs like Saurva on Indar with its outer wall surrounding it which has good open space for vehicle combat around the Bio Lab being a decent example along with like the underground Ikanam Bio Lab.

But in regards to Acan I think one thing that would be good to improve it as a base is redoing the area around it as right now it's just a bunch of flat terrain, which as a matter of fact back during Hossin's development on PTS it actually had a pretty big complex of buildings along with foliage around it as its satellite bases were all bunched up around it making it like one big base surrounded by an outer wall
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    As can see was quite an epic design and something new that the game hasn't ever really had, this was of course unfortunately changed and removed during the final release, which probably was for the best in terms of the satellite bases, however the buildings and such along with the walls could have remained and could have allowed for another more unique Bio Lab in the game. I would say go with this and restore like the outer wall and redo some of the terrain around the Bio Lab to add in a bunch of buildings, have a shield gen or 2 for the gates, and upgrade Acan to be a 4 point BL and maybe have 2 of the capture points down below somewhere in the compound why the other 2 remain in the Bio Lab itself, can also have teleporter rooms in the buildings around it linked to the satellite bases. This could make Acan a lot more fun to fight at allowing for some vehicle combat around the facility and creating some more urban style combat for infantry, also might make it a good place for farming certs with the heavy fighting that could take place around it.