Horrible in-game performance.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by uhlan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. uhlan

I've been playing since beta with the same equipment and the same settings, but now the game is absolutely unplayable.

I have micro-second stuttering, stopping and starting. Not, whole second loss as some folks have, but irritatingly long enough to miss a shot or get caught out by an errant bullet. Movement in the game is ridiculous.

It doesn't matter the population in the area or as a whole.

My ping is low, my FPS is high and my internet connection is stable. I have reinstalled the game twice as well.

I play other games which are gpu/cpu intensive and have no issues.

It is the worst on Waterson which is why I suspected it was the server initially, but when I play on Connery it starts fine, then turns to crap.

I had been told by someone "in-the-know" that it might be anti-hacking software in place causing the issues. Troubling because I'm the last person to do such a thing and also because it might be permanent and the last time I can play PS2.

I couldn't confirm this, however.

I am curious if anyone else has this issue.
  2. rogviir

Yeah after the last patch the lag is horrible i get so frustrated cause i keep getting one shotted when i know its just the game carching up. And btw i have a 50 Mbs connection so it isnt feom my end
  3. Sovereign533

I have different issues. Since the last big patch (today doesn't count), I have been experiencing massive MASSIVE fps drops.
    It generally stays at 60 to 80 fps with peeks to 100.
    My cpu usage is usually around 40% and I sit at 30% memory usage over all (16 gigs total)

And quite a lot of times during ground combat, my fps just drops like a brick to 20 or lower. And at the same time my cpu usage drops as well quite often (sometimes it stays the same, very rarely does it go up). My memory doesn't change at all.

The PTS 64bit client doesn't have this problem though, and I haven't had this problem before the last big patch. Can't think of a possible reason either. It's just weird.
  4. PWGuy93

The 64 bit client on the test server will probably end these issues.
  5. WyrdHarper

Crashing has been much worse since the 64 bit stuff was added to the PTS. =T
  6. Blippy

Lately I've started being CPU-bound when that hadn't been the case since PU01. Also, really large fights have started to make my CPU overheat and throttle itself. Again, this hasn't happened since the latest patch.
  7. Dtswiss

Since the last update any smoke will, specially the black smoke will cut my FPs down to like 15-20 FPS. IT used to be a minimum 70+ FPS all the time on ultra.

Out of combat in an empty hex if I stand behind my smoking vehicle it will cut my fps to like 15-20 FPS. I can reproduce this 100% , even in the VR zone. This plus the hitching, its almost at the state of unplayable for me now. For me this game was running perfectly before the Lib update now its just going downhill.

IF I come face to face with lightning viper shelling me, everything starts to lag because of the explosion and smoke it creates. I can spawn a reaver, shoot it until it start to burn and watch my FPs dips in the mid 20S from a usual 130 FPS + (12v 12 combat situation) When this happens the explosion the cpu load drops to like 30% across the cores.

I7 2600k @ 4.8 ghz with 2 780 TI in sli, something is seriously wrong since last patch. CPU is water cool so are the cards. I've tested bf 4 which uses 85% of the CPU load and 99% load on the cards so I don't think there is heat problem. BF 4 barely ever drops below 90 FPs on ultra with scaling of 150 %.