Horrible gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by uhlan, Mar 21, 2014.

1. uhlan

Thought I'd post again as I've received no help from support or the forum with previous threads.

All of my characters on either Waterson or Connery have been experiencing what appears to be massive lag and fps loss.

I have used the same graphical settings since beta, but I have never had gameplay this bad.

All of my characters have jerky movement and it feels as if I'm "rubber-banding" if that makes any sense. Other Avatars pop into existence or kill me before I even see them shoot.

My issue is not the whole second+ loss some are having, but more like micro stuttering. Some "lapses" are longer than others and it still makes the game unplayable.

I had a similar problem in early Feb, but that resolved itself after a few days. This issue is persistent and has gone on for several days now.

When I stand still and turn you can see my weapon jerk and skip and when I move it gets worse.

My FPS changes wildly 20-30 fps even in empty rooms in empty bases on occasion.

I have rolled back my Nvidia drivers to no effect.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no effect.

I have lowered the graphical settings to the lowest possible to no effect.

In game ping meter swings wildly +/- 50 ms at times.

In game FPS meter changes +/- 25-50 at times in the same room. FPS has even measured +100 for reasons unknown.

I have no issues in other online games with my equipment and have been able to play PS2 without issue for over a year with the exception of early Feb which resolved itself.

Hopefully someone has had, or is having these issues and Im not the only one.

It'd be nice to play the game.

Edit* I addition, my in game chat font has changed inexplicably to a much smaller font size for unknown reasons as well.
  2. maudibe

same here . This is very recent within last 3 weeks? The game crashes every 10 minutes when its bad but never used to. I see things fine and then come up on 2 enemys and SUDDENLY frame stall and glitch when trying to aim and fire and get killed. Something is up. I could use less explosions if it would get a more playable game. I put the ingame frame counter on and immediately lost mouse imput. Tested it 3 more times with same result - no mouse imput - which means i could not turn to see anywhere but where i was currently looking. Well cant play like that so i had to turn frame rate counter off.
  3. K2k4

Turn your graphics to maximum.

Not joking. The game used to be optimized for high graphics over low, i wouldn't be surprised if this hasn't changed.
    • Up x 1
  4. JustARandomNobody

I recently switched from Connery to waterson and have noticed this as well but my issues don't seem to be as bad. Yesterday I even hacked a turret with a NC guy in it and when it was successfully hacked the guy was invisible to me (yet shooting me) for a good 5 full seconds. I jumped into the AA turret as soon as he started shooting me and eventually he just appeared. Never had that happen before, well at least not since beta during the whole render invisibility bug days.

Other times players just warp a good 10-20 meters or I die from gunfire around a corner several seconds after leaving the corner. HA shields and cloaks are tricky as well since I cannot tell if I actually triggered them or not due to the random delay. My ping is only marginally higher than it was on Connery as well and does not seem to be spiking at all. I still prefer to play on Waterson despite this as the average player is more skilled and aggressive than on Connery which makes for a more challenging game.
  5. Paisty

You folks are aware Nvidia has confirmed there is an issue with their drivers they are attempting to resolve. The issues you are describing sound like the description of the issue on the Nvidia forums.

The problems are not in all games but in many games.

I am using 320.49 with no problems.

Hope this helps.
    • Up x 1
  6. JustARandomNobody

I am ATI :p
  7. TomaHawk

Immediately following the recent 2 or so patches, I will be playing for a few minutes then my screen locks, audio stops, then my screen goes black, a couple seconds go by, then screen comes back, audio, then gameplay resumes ok after some hiccuping frames. This has happened only after the latest patches from SoE. Nothing else about my system or Internet connection has changed.

With SoE's history of inadequate testing, I am not surprised.

I also hate (going on for a lot longer) getting hit after I've moved under or behind cover (shields or walls for example). Yea, I moved fast enough to evade incoming fire, but somehow I still get hit.

Correction: one thing that has changed is updated Nvidia drivers recently as well. Wonder if that's at fault.
  8. Typhoeus

Sounds like an sli issue. I used to have this for a while on my old computer. Disabled it and the micro stutters went away. Ran off one card only till they patched the game to fix that bug. It was on SOE's end, not nvidias. Perhaps it's the same bug resurfacing.

I know a lot of people have been having issues with their nvidia cards as of late, myself included. Just a very different problem then yours. Card hangs, screen turns off and then comes back on when the card recovers. From what I've gathered for lot's of people their cards do not recover and the game just crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now :(
  9. uhlan

I'm only using one video card, but the issues are getting worse.

I have attempted to keep playing even with the "stuttering", but now after it gets really bad the game crashes to desktop.
  10. Codex561

Performance updates actually lowered my fps. I was running ~25ish and now I have trouble reaching 20.
  11. Paisty

I found your problem ;)

j/k