Horrible game performance... did something get changed recently?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by uhlan, May 16, 2015.

1. uhlan

For the last several days I haven't been able to maintain any streaks which are normally pretty easy for me.

People just pop into view, I have hitching for a half second or so. I can unload a full mag into someone and do very little damage.

When firing my weapon my mouse speed drops to a third and it'll hang for a second and I can't change direction.

Even getting into the game takes three times as long as it normally does. Terminals take twice as long. Changing weapons is really slow. The speeds fluctuate over time but are always bad.

No other game I play acts like this!

My Accuracy is in the upper 20's low 30's with most weapons and I have a decent K/D between 4.5 to 6 across three characters. Gear below.

Don't know what's changed in the last few days, but wow, this is really the suck.

I thought the game reached new lows with all the hackers (4 speed hackers in as many days) and they used to be something really rare. Glitching shotgun users popping across the map as well...

All this talk about new crap to load into the game and yet it plays this bad.

Could it be that there are just that many lag wizards about now coupled with truly horrible server performance?

Eh, wish I knew.
  2. Ballto21

ive also been noticing halved frame rate (TW: Privileged white man first world problems ahead) normally i pull 150 FPD, lately ive been 50-60, dipping to 40 at times. very saddening
  3. fives23

I had to shut off the game a few minutes ago because I switched to MAX and because of whatever happening I was just running around with the T5 AMC with a MAX's health. (trying to avoid ban due to glitch lol) My FPS is also remaining in the single digit range in large fights over the past 30 minutes. :(
  4. RonRoy

Try to ping or tracert the server. The IPs I found through wireshark for Emerald are 69.174.216.21/23/25. My in game ping the past week has been unplayable as well (18k+). When I did a tracert it looked like the Level3 hop in Atlanta was crapped out. ae15.edge5.atlanta2.level3.net consistantly drops packets or has an incredibly high ping.