Horrible game breaking graphics glitch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by gregfox89, Apr 10, 2013.

1. gregfox89

This just started yesterday (before the patch) and has happened to me a total of 3 times. Please tell me it's a known bug and that I don't have to replace my graphics card. I'm using a 660ti, never had any graphics glitches before. Haven't had the glitch where the terrain flashes, just this.

2. AnonymousPZ

It's not the game it's your card artifacting and tearing, I would suggest that you check the temps and install/reinstall the latest drivers from Nvidia's website.:)
  3. KlyptoK

Well... they are artifacts...
  4. Wharmaster

make sure to do a CLEAN install of new drivers.
  5. BlackDove

It IS THE GAME. I've had the same exact glitch, ever since GU6.
  6. pomps

Turn physx off!
  7. BlackDove

No. Fix PhysX.
  8. gregfox89

PhysX is causing this? But I love PhysX, I don't want to turn it off :(
  9. Mogsy

jings, thought it was just me and my 660GTX, explosions and smoke grenades do the same thing.......tried changing res for a while but eventually you end up dead and blind to anything, so best to quit. i'll try PhysX off to see if it stops, though usually happens more when i play NC than any other faction
  10. Gammit

This looks like a dying/overheating video card to me, but I can't rule out driver and/or software issue from just the video.
  11. Brainwayne

its modern art! quick, sell it at sotheby's! :D

but foa reel: its your card... I had similar artifacts in most of my games with my former 660ti... i brought it back to store cause i still had warranty on it
  12. BlackDove

I don't know why people are saying it's PhysX.
  13. Loui5D

Test your Vram (F@H has a utility for this) also what is your gpu/cpu temps amd usage when you get these artifacts?
  14. gregfox89

Yeah overheating is definitely possible. It was hot out yesterday and my room gets horrible ventilation so it's like a sauna when it's hot outside. I've been playing for a couple hours and my card hit 67C. That's hotter than I was expecting, and my room isn't even that hot right now. I'm betting it's getting much hotter during the day when the sun is out. This is a new computer and I haven't used it through the spring/summer months yet. I didn't think it was anywhere near dangerous temperatures though. I will have to check when it's really hot. I will try being more aggressive with my fan curves, but ambient temperatures are the biggest problem (not just for the computer, for me too)
  15. pomps

Happened to me when I turned physx on, stopped when I turned it off.

Gtx 670 here and 67c is fine.
  16. BlackDove

It's not overheating. It's also stopped since the latest 39MB patch.
  17. gregfox89

Patch didn't fix anything, it still happened again. I just went ahead and turned PhysX off.
  18. noMnoM

i got this too with gpu @ 54c. dont think temps are causing it.

on 314.22 whql drivers. physx disabled.

gpu oc passes folding and furmark...