[Hmmmm]More CLUNKS, less dying

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sulsa, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Sulsa

I run with a suppressed Parallax/12x. Anyone notice more crit-hit markers and that 'CLUNK' sound for a headshot and less people dying from said headshot?
    I understand OHKs are pretty extreme in a game but with more and more people upgrading their helmets and armor... I'm liking this less and less...
  2. Vaphell

reportedly nanoweave armor reduces effective range of top tier rifles to 100m at lvl3 and 75 at lvl5. Recent nerfs to HE made many people switch from flak to NW.
  3. Sulsa

So more indirect nerfing to Infils.
    Good grief.

We need to avoid any other class because of our weaker health/armor stats, have limited use in CQC and in bases, have zero impact on vehicles and now we are becoming less and less effective at distance...

Infils are, and should remain, difficult to play effectively but they should still be feared, not viewed as an annoyance...
    • Up x 1
  4. m44v

At that range not killing with a headshot is not big deal, close range bolt actions have it worse.You can't kill with 2 bodyshots or with a headshot somebody with nanoweave at 40m, at that range the enemy can easily retaliate.
  5. Manetheren

^This. Even without a silencer, they survive a headshot from Crown to TI Alloys with like 5-10% hp left.:mad:
  6. Frosty The Pyro

thats ~ 300m dude
  7. Fantom_17

Yes it is 300m and bullets should logically do less damage the farther they fly. but its hard to make those kind of hits especially with spotty render. This game is not real life so i do not care about "bullet dropoff at distance" if anything we should do less damage closer up and more at range to help people L2P sniper the right way.

there is almost no skill involved when lining up somebodies head with the crosshair. trying to compensate for bullet drop requires you to learn your weapon, and how to est distances
  8. m44v

what.
  9. Sulsa

fixed;)
  10. Fantom_17

what I mean is that it takes little skill to get headshots at, say, <50m so there should be (if we really HAVE to put in a damage limitation on sniping in adition to all the other poo we have to deal with) a minimum range to do OHKO damage instead of a maximum range to OHKO, so that if you die to someone you dont feel that rage of "I got killed by a no-life noob because of bad game mechanics" you know that someone was far enough away to actually have to aim and compensate for all the other stuff mentioned by Sulsa, and that person probably had to travel a long way to get where they shot you from. Compare with somebody right clicking everytime your body comes in front of his pump action. I mean I can't speak for everybody else, but I dont mind getting killed by people who are skillfull and beat me in a firefight, I get mad at people who spam HE or rocketpods long range racking up the certs. It takes zero skill and yet is billions of times more effective than the hardest and least rewarding class to play in the game.
  11. m44v

Takes little skill to get headshots at <50m? are you nuts? maybe if you're firing paper targets in a firing range but here we're firing players with automatic weapons, at <50m a competent heavy will nail you for good before you can even put his head in the scope. Even if he doesn't the flinching from his weapon will make it really hard to get a headshot. Sniping from longer ranges you only have to worry about other enemy snipers, if you miss you simply take another shot, your victim isn't going to automatically know where you are and shoot you dead.

You long range snipers complain about not getting kills because nanoweave users can tank a 300m headshot? What face do I have to make when nanoweave users tank a headshot from only 40m from my close range sniper and guns me down as a result?
    • Up x 1
  12. Vikarius

I would actually support such an idea. Let me add onto it
    Giving all bolt actions enough damage to 1 hit kill a nanoweave lvl 5 target on headshot, but make it something alone the lines of
    Parallax, RAMS, Longshot
    Minimum damage @ 0-150m Minimum damage: 600
    Maximum damage @ >150m Maximum damage: 850
    Reload: 5s/7s (up from 4/6)
    Magazine size: 4 (down from 5)
    Ammo Capacity: 30 (down from 35)
    Velocity: 700 (up from 650)
    Drop: 7.5
    Scope options: , 10x, and 12x with built in range finder Equal field of view for all factions
    Headshot multiplier: 1.5x

For the closer range bolt actions like the ghost,
    The minimum vs maximum damage @ X m would be reversed
    With scope options of IR/NV, 2x, 4x, and 6x. Can equip and interchange 2 different scopes on the fly. Equal field of view for all factions
    Lowest velocity of all bolt actions

For the middle ground bolt actions
    Have the minimum vs maximum damage @ X m be somewhere in the middle between the 2 above
    Scope options of: 7x Thermal, and 8+10x Adjustable scope.
    • Up x 1
  13. Fantom_17

Its not nanoweave 5 that can survive at long range, it is anybody as more and more posts are pointing out. I am TOTALLY fine with a hard counter to headshots, but headshoting needs to OHKO un-certed people at those long ranges, otherwise why should we try to shoot? to damage people so we can get a 50xp kill asist? again, that guy with a shotgun gets 7 chances at OHKOs before he even has to reload.

and its not that hard to kill a heavy as long as you are not trying to outgun him by running at him like the rest of the squad. if you hang back behind your squad and pick off those suport gunning you are golden. hitting people on a zig zag run is hard but you dont solo those you retreat and snipe from a new location. Also 50M in the game might be farther than you think, try placing a waypoint and standing 50m away.
  14. Javik

this should explain the problem
  15. Vaphell

currently 61certs for NW3 > 1000c weapon @100m. In other words BS. Higher levels make it even more ridiculous.

50m is plenty close for these non-infiltrator guys with medium scoped MGs and no sway. They will flinch you to death.