Hmmm, seems all the sunderers are squad only now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brok9000, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Brok9000

Lately (past few days), are people not using or going squad only with sunderers now?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [edit: thanks for the replies. I flew around for 20 minutes on my server and sadly, it seems to be a population issue. I also play on a 2nd server and on that one I am finding sunderers regularly. I won't name servers, not a pop thread.]
  2. Disodium

A good squad will have a Sundy and the squad leader will always drop a spawn beacon(allowing for quick spawns).
    They will also be defending or if on the move, organised to move before, or as soon as the cap is done with orders of next attack point dropped well before the cap is completed.

The squads I work with generally do not squad lock Sundy's unless there is a large population and we are struggling to mobilize our own team.

Sorry but squad\platoon\outfit comes first.

If you are finding squads limiting, you are in the wrong ones..
    Friend the good leaders, and hit them up for an invite when you get on.
    There are lots of dud squads about, and it can take sometime to find a good one.

The tell tail signs of a bad squad:
    1. No waypoints
    2. The squad is spread out all over the map
    3. No voice communication when you talk
    4. Half of them are afk at the warp-gate.
    • Up x 1
  3. IshanDeston

Only reason to squadlock your sunderer is because there are to many people jumping into yours, as you try to keep your squad together.
    • Up x 1
  4. bPostal

About the only time I squad lock my bang bus is when I need the room, otherwise I don't worry about it. Of course if I'm waiting on someone to change their loadout or if a squadmate has just respawned and we're waiting on them then most greenies typically get out after 15 seconds and start running/flash (or they start yelling 'move!' and I lock them out while driving away).
    • Up x 1
  5. Savvon

I lock my Grundy Sundy for numerous reasons.

1. Randoms always fire my guns giving away our location. Even after I ask them to stop firing.

2. If I die or am away from my sundy, a platoon mate can get in and drive it.

3. I always roll with at least 18'ish type guys and I simply need the room.

If this is actually a problem for you, create your own squad and spawn your own sundy. ;)
    • Up x 1
  6. Ganelon

Don't want pugs drawing attention to your sundy by shooting at aircraft.
    • Up x 1
  7. Flarestar

I squad lock my Sunderer a good part of the time because I don't want some damn moron jumping into it and drawing attention to me by shooting at passing ESFs and Libs with one of the M60s. When people stop being dumb, I'll stop locking it.
    • Up x 1