hipfire/ADS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Timothy Pearson, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Timothy Pearson

I just don't understand this, someone help me please. I've gotten used to using 13cm/360 for a long while now, I thought by changing mouse sensitivity and ads sensitivity to the same number that it'd be the same sensitivity, what am I doing wrong here? Should I have ads and mouse sensitivity at the same number? I'm on 1000 dpi, in-game sense is 0.20, which is 13cm/360, what should the ads sensitivity be?
  2. Matt879

I suggest you use mouse-sensitivity.com to calculate what 13cm/360° is in PS2.
  3. WUNDER8AR

I believe there is negative mouse accelleration built into the ADS sensitivity (don't quote me on that).

Edit: Or it's just a lower base sensitivity for ADS idk
  4. Timothy Pearson

I do use mouse-sensitivity.com, but yeah I'm not too sure on this ads sensitivity. should it be 13cm to do a 360 which is the same as my hipfire, or should it be 50% of that
  5. ZomboWTF

you need to set the sensitivity to the appropriate scope, sadly, a 2x scope needs double the sensitivity to make you turn around with the same speed, afaik

with a 6x scope you would need 6x the sensitivity

also, the 1x scopes aren't really 1x, they still zoom a bit
  6. Serialkillerwhale

I think it's the same as ironsight zoom, 1.35
    • Up x 1
  7. Timothy Pearson

I'm not too good at wording things, so i'll try again lol. My mouse sensitivity and ads sensitivity are both set at 0.20. is that how it's supposed to be? 13cm/360 mouse sensitivity, if I leave ads sensitivity on 0.20, it's around for 28cm/360. should I increase the ads sensitivity to be 13cm360 (which is the same as the mouse sensitivity) or should I keep it at around 28cm/360, which roughly double 13cm/360 (planetside 2 is a bit off with this)
  8. Liam23490

So you move the mouse 13cm to do a 360?
  9. Timothy Pearson

Yes, my hipfire is. mine's pretty high considering most pros play around 25 to 40cm in fps games all round, notice how I said most... but I was wondering, what should my ads sensitivity be (when using 1x sights) only in relation to my hipfire sensitivity, I really would love to know these values so I never lose my muscle memory when using 1x sights