Higby on mbt statistics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurderBunneh, Feb 1, 2013.

1. MurderBunneh

2. Xae

I would pay thousands of Smed Bux for access to their stats system.
    • Up x 1
  3. Aghar30

you would never get access anyway, that kind of thing is most likely classified within the company, need to know basis and all that.
  4. Tantal

I really don't understand why it isn't readily available, with the stats refreshing one daily or such as not to put too much strain on the servers.
  5. Arquin

Because the data can be potential hazard to their business.

No, I am not kidding. If something unpleasant comes out and the consumer base goes on a rage, what will that mean for your product?
  6. Barosar

I figured multiple metrics were being tracked and analyzed. Though unlisted, I sure hope they look at FF/TK rates too. Magriders, unfortunately, mow down so many teammates it is traitorous.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kookamunga

Because the data would just be used by whiners to beat them over the head with it. I would not care one iota about these blowhards on these forums.
  8. Jac70

In my experience of going 1v1 against another faction tank I feel that the match is usually fairly even. So determining the reason why the Magrider is spawned more than the Prowler or Vanguard may not be as simple as some think. Could it be as simple as the fact that the VS like the design of it and so are more inclined to spawn one? Maybe the fact that they hover means they are more pleasant to drive around - I know that upgrading the hover height makes it much more fun to use because it's not forever scraping it's belly on rocks.
  9. Xae

Because actually analyzing data is hard. And since you don't have a basis to check your work against it is very difficult to know when you do something wrong.

Factor in people's inherit bias and it becomes a total **** show people using invalid metrics to "prove" their point instead of developing a set of metrics that describes reality.
  10. DeusExMachina

Oh, so that's why mags are so "OP". Their magnets are fuelled with teammates dead bodies :D .
  11. Phyr

It's bad enough people skew stats in their favor, more stats would just clutter this place up. Not to say I wouldn't like to see that info, though.
  12. Arquin

I want to see more of Higby he's so cute and adorable <3

(I'm being serious btw)
  13. Phyr

...uh...ok....

*slowly backs away*
  14. NOX2097

Are you seriously suggesting SOE supress the truth in order to deny their customers the proof they're right? All because you have a personal dislike of random people on the internet?

And yet here you are.
  15. voldoman

However, we do see some interesting statistics external to MBT vs MBT fights, for instance, Magriders are killed by AV infantry about twice as much as Prowlers and Vanguards are

I'm with you.

(those get killed by Magriders, primarily).

I can see that, mags are better at range and mag-zergs are a force to be reckoned with no matter what range.

[it's not that] TR and NC AV weapons aren't juiced compared to VS, this is purely a factor of there being a lot more Magriders

Still with you, and I assume the insert I put in is what he meant.

and the TR and NC tanks not being able to match them (both in numbers as well as capability) so they have to rely more on AV infantry.

Here's where I disagree big time.

First of all, it's not the VS's fault we use our tanks more. They hover, who doesn't want to drive a sweet *** tank that hovers?

Second of all, I don't buy this "they don't have the capacity" BS. Both Prowlers and Vanguards destroy mags in close combat, even more so after the patch comes out. Yes, Mags are killed by infantry more often than not, but not because other MBT's don't have the capacity. (at least at closer ranges) It's because mags suck in close quarters and everyone knows a few rockets to the *** = dead mag. Why waste the resources when a team of HA get the job done just fine.

Third of all, if you want more balance from other MBTs being able to fight mags at their strongest point, long range, why on earth did you buff Prowlers at the range they were already good at killing mags with? You buffed the Enforced which will certainly help Vanguards, but the Prowler buff make no sense in context to what you're saying.

AV Infantry being used to effectively counter tanks isn't a bad thing in general, but when it's as skewed as it is right now it is.

Going back to the points above I can't agree with this either. It can't be that skewed when you consider even half decent mag divers know to stay away from close action and fight at range. All the other ignorant masses get easily slaughtered by AV infantry because that is a mags greatest weakness, CQC. Having a fixed main cannon makes it so easy for HA to destroy them at close range.
  16. Jadith

Although, this being the internet, only one person obtaining the data is necessary for everyone to gain access to the data.

Unfortunately the number of players willing and capable of utilizing and analyzing that sort of data procedurally is a small minority of players. Most would cherry pick raw data to use as a bludgeon in forum arguments.

Yep, just observe the cause of the post referenced in OP, one bit of raw data causing people to go mad. I see enough of this in the daily news, politics, business, and advertising to know better than to rely on a mob to work through data.

I would not mind knowing the methods the use, however.