Higby: infiltrator update going on the ptr

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ISKNausicaa, Feb 6, 2014.

1. ISKNausicaa

Just tweeted

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/431602434524209152

“@mhigby: PTS is being updated with Infiltrator goodness. Going to be a lot of tuning, especially w/ the new Sniper Rifles, need your feedback!”

You heard the man get your *** to Mars (the ptr)
  2. M2_Bradley

I've been living under a rock so can anyone fill me on whether the recon drone made it in?
  3. ISKNausicaa

Nope it didn't, just weren't any real valid uses for the thing, it's being brought in later when they sort out what it's actually going to be used for
  4. Amouris

We need an infil to take a look at Stalker cloak and its visibility when crouched and not moving, bring us intelligence!
  5. Ravenorth

Its the same as Hunter cloak, no difference.
    • Up x 1
  6. M2_Bradley

Can we stick a mini chain saw on it and call it an assault drone? :D
  7. Chad444

So is the ultra-buggy crossbow fixed now, or is it still broken?
  8. DeadliestMoon

They JUST came out, you expect them to already be fixed? Give it time.
  9. Sworaven

Can't wait to get home and mess around with the new weapons! The things I've read so far haven't been that positive, sadly.
  10. Vaphell

dafuq? NC shotguniper rifle 3bodyshots MAXes (2hs) and kills mech like there is no tomorrow (sundie goes down to a pixel of health in 9 shots, liberator in 6) o_O
    crossbow is meh.
  11. cyb_

:eek:

Lancer with a 12x zoom?!
  12. Sandzibar

Thank god its an early test version.
  13. Vaphell

nah, you get shotgun circle in the alternate mode so it's more like a pointblank affair.

lolwat, the crossbow is craptastic when you want to nail people with it, but it has access to explosive bolts... which damage mech, like 6-7 to own an MBT. It also gets recon bolts though i don't see what they do, they don't paint circles on the minimap or anything.

lolwat #2. heartstring (pink version) produces pink glow on hit and few hearts flowing upwards :D it spreads the love all right :D there is also blackeart which produces skull and bones particles? :eek:

VS shade is a decent no-ammo semi-auto but it's bolt actiony chargeup mode looks rather useless (no preemptive charging), not to mention you get like 10s of hard cooldown after the charged shot o_O

TR is an automatic/burst rifle with dmg under 200, might be a decent tool for aggressive play. Currently it's kinda buggy and gets no scopes or anything else.
  14. Sandzibar

Not being able to hold the charge - ala Teamfortress 2 sniper rifle - makes it awful. The 10sec cooldown... thats an insane amount of time waiting around with your dick in you hand.
  15. Tenebrae Aeterna

I think it'll be fine if they decrease the heat cost to either 50-60% upon charged bolt-shot. The former would let us pull off two charged shots before an overheat while the latter would let us use semi-auto fire or wait until the heat dissipated for another bolt-shot. As for the charged mechanic itself...I'm alright with it. You have to hit the charge right as you do the breath stabilization feature in order to nail it before you lose control...but it's not that bad when you get used to it. No ammunition means you're not wasting if you fail...but you'll potentially give away your position unless you nose-dive at the last second.

So long as it gets some good scope options...I think all its quirks can be worked out.

I haven't got a chance to try out the TR and NC yet.
    • Up x 1
  16. ISKNausicaa

It depends on how you look at things, a lot of folks are bawling over the fact that the specific fire modes are weaker than a comparable weapon, not counting the fact there's two fire modes, and this is only the first iteration I've no doubt we will get several updates/tweaks to these weapons, we just need to get more longtime infils to weigh in with their feedback.

On another note I think you'll like the TR TRAP rifle, it feels like an evil love child of the SAOS-20 and the 99SV, the only issues I take with it is it 475 projectile speed, Its far too slow.

I think that's a bug though, this is due to it stating in the description being utterly at odds with the rifle projectile speed: "This deadly sniper uses the Terran Republic Advanced Projectile technology to deliver a faster moving projectile than previous TR rifles"
  17. ISKNausicaa

I really like this idea, I think that combined with the ability to hold the charge indefinitely would really sort out the rifle
  18. Tenebrae Aeterna

Honestly, I don't really mind the fact that we can't hold it...not that I wouldn't mind having the ability to hold the charge. It's an enticing rifle if there are some tweaks, and so long as they keep the cooldown duration as is...there's no reason to limit the weapon below 300m. That extremely lengthy cooldown ensures that it's not treading upon the Parallax.
  19. Tenebrae Aeterna

20. Tenebrae Aeterna

...hate my internet disconnection me and causing a triple post.
  21. DocteurVK

Could have they taken the airhammer as a model for this new weapon ?

I belive we will see a lot of patches to adapt each mechanic, can't wait this weekend to try out all this new stuff.

Even if the values are incorrect / OP ... we should at least be able to give feedback on the mechanics and how they feel to us.

Personaly, I really want to see the VS sniper rifle, mixing BAS and SAS with the charge mechanic...