Higby and the Valkyrie

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iPlague, Jul 30, 2014.

1. iPlague

The Valkyrie will not have passive or unlockable Afterburners according to Higby during today's Higby Pls Stream.:(

Even Liberators will be able to chase Valkyries.
    Higgles Pls.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phyr

Maybe it wont need those because it'll naturally be so fast :eek:

As if, RIP Valkyrie
  3. a-koo-chee-moya

It was either going to be UP or OP. Pick you poison.
  4. Scr1nRusher

Hopefully things change
  5. LIKE A BOSS!

OP.
  6. Chrispin

WELL... just be thankful for the ability to seat dual heavy assaults with G2A launchers and the mini-liberator AA gun.
  7. KnightCole

My guess is it will be absurdly UP vs any air opposition, but vs ground, no more or less OP then current air power.

But quite frankly, the Valk is akin to a Blackhawk helicopter or a Gunship Huey with door gunners....those meet much opposition from air, they get owned and they should. Only thing is, the Libby seems to be quite durable and able to dogfight back when it gets attacked by air...

Valk will probably be the most balanced air unit yet...
    • Up x 1
  8. daniel696

Well lets at least test it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tommyp2006

As long as it's still faster than a racer frame lib, then ok. If not, Valkyrie will be DOA. It HAS to be able to survive or at least escape libs, otherwise libs will just hunt them down, not to mention what ESFs are going to do to them.

Still no air flash :(
  10. Scr1nRusher

Use turbo with raver 3 on a regular flash!
  11. vsae

u wot m9...
    I thought I would reverse maneuver dat valkirye...nvm back to liberator.
  12. Nexus545

Well without afterburners in an ESF that pretty much means if you start getting shot, you're going down. Burster MAXs and Skyguards are going to have a good time. For this reason I don't see it getting used. If you're attacking ground unit you need to at least be able to avoid damage from ground units.
  13. Iridar51

I don't get Valkyrie. What can 4 people in one Valkyrie accomplish, what 4 ESFs or 2 Libs cannot?
    • Up x 2
  14. Prudentia

No AB? No Cloak?
    errr... what role exactly does the Valkyrie has? i thought fast insertion and drops ala SC2 MedEvac, but if it can't fly/accelerate fast or hide, how will i dodge rockets from people who already have no problem hitting ESFs with dumbfires?
  15. Kunavi

I don't think you even need "MedEvac" in PS2 :) You're thinking ARMA and beyond now. And the 2 guys? If Valk was transportation it would take 4 and MAX, so they are there to add to its attack capabilities more likely than not. You don't need to actively dodge RLs either, just do not hover still. I have been downed only ONCE by RL in ESF or Lib(DF RL) and I absolutely SUCK at flying :)

I think releasing the Valk like this puts it at the bottom of the Air food chain and prioritizes it as a target for Ground- Or at least for me, considering it has LOLPods you can AIM WHILE MANEUVERING >.< Sick.

It might not be an Air Flash but it's an Air Lightning :p

Now can the other 3 Air units get a touch up, they are way too strong!
  16. Prudentia

i can just hover at 200meters with my Scythe and lolpod a tank, i don't need a valk for that...
  17. AdmiralArcher

it will also function like an apache movement wise
  18. Crayv

I predict my NC's Phoenix is going to eat many Valkyries.... as well as my VS's Lancer.
  19. drhead

Plot twist: Valkyrie gets Phantasm module. Now you don't need Afterburner because you're a cloaking flying lock-on platform of death and sneaky.
  20. pulse

Phantasm module is a great idea. But passengers shouldn't be able to shoot while cloaked. This would open up a whole new area to be mercilessly exploited -_-

<3 pulse