Hey know whats not fun? being pinned in the oshur WG for an hour

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Grimlore, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Grimlore

Wrel mind increasing the fire rate and range of those cannons from the bastions? Vanu was pinned because of a bunch of NC with mastheads and couldnt get to shore with few exceptions. this was the most miserable experience I have ever had playing this game. Yeah yeah commenters gonna go tell me to cry, but its a super real issue with oshur that easily allows overpop to completely gate any faction in off hours.

This was during the emerald alert around the time I posted this
    • Up x 1
  2. Johannes Kaiser

Warpgate seiges used to be fun. Back in 2013 or so, when they actually happened and meant something. NOt sure how a flotilla siege is, so I'm gonna take your word for it that is isn't as fun as a warpgate siege.
    • Up x 2
  3. Grimlore

Yeah I remember the OG seiges. Those where cool. But with the flotillas its just all water with no way to work around it. all ground vehicles have to slog through the water and get wrecked. If you do make it to the beach your literally just in for being shot down upon non stop by snipers and being hammered by flails. Also you cant pull any tanks so while your enemys are able to freely pull lightings and MBTs your stuck with sunderers and harassers
  4. synkrotron

hmmm...

what if you organised for everyone on the flotilla to each change to infil and pull aircraft each, all at the same time

well, I know there is a queue system, so that could be a problem I guess

then make a beeline for shore, somehow... maybe even head directly for underwater so as to limit the amount of damage

then hack terminals to pull sundies to allow others to spawn and then do what ever

just a thought... might be completely impossible, also, if the siege faction cottons on to what is going on

as a lone wolf I would probably pull a valk, get as far as I can, as a stalker, and pick off those engies with the Mastheads
  5. Liewec123

perhaps we could do with player catapults like on the new boats,
    so if you "warpgate" someone on oshur beware! you might get c4s by a drifter LA!
    • Up x 1
  6. BlackFox

Oh, I know that feeling since the TR on Miller are in 95% of the cases cornered on Oshur as well
  7. VV4LL3

I was always a fan of the idea that if one faction reaches both other faction's warpgates, no alert, just faction win and map rotation.
  8. JibbaJabba

This commenter is NOT going to tell you to cry.

I was on the offensive side of one of these soon after Oshur got released. It's an absolute crock of **** and really exposes bad weaknesses in the map design.

Even at even pop the team that is warpgated is at an utter disadvantage. Sprinkle the tiniest population imbalance on top and it becomes a frustrating nightmare for one team and utter boredom for the other.
    • Up x 3
  9. Grandizer

When TR and NC usually decide to double team VS on Emerald, it's a ruined gaming experience. Happened last night/early morning on Emerald where we were under popped by 13-16% between TR and NC and with the 341 bases everywhere and both opposing factions not fighting each other, it's an air and tank gank fest, so everyone just ends up logging out since it's the only continent open.