Here we come, Mattheron's large outfits ;)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ender, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Ender

2. maxx

that soonest there were transfers come out most of the large non-Vs outfits will server jump. it's not fun to get your *** kicked every day
  3. Robes

As soon as transfers open whats left of NC and TR will most likely be leaving mattherson, 4v1 every fight gets very old.
  4. Haemoglobin

This is why they don't exist yet.
    • Up x 1
  5. Elrobochanco

People who think server transfers are going to be a thing that exists, and allows them to just freely choose to go anywhere are funny. Like SOE is just going to put in a feature and say please unbalance our servers some more.
  6. LT_Latency

Don't come to waterson, We don't need anymore TR or NC
  7. NinjaTurtle

If they want a US East server they have little choice.

A Waterson Mattherson server merge once Hossin is released may balance the populations quite well.
  8. Robes

You are correct there, people are just rerolling the overpopulated faction making it considerably worse than if transfers came out.
  9. Pat Cleburne

10. Haemoglobin

I'm pretty sure the mattherson overpop is heavily due to refugees from other servers. Until they work out how to fix the issue server transfers won't be a real thing.
  11. Robes

It just being refugees doesn't really explain the fact that most all of the servers have a heavy pop imbalance for one faction or the other.
  12. Haemoglobin

All it takes is one side being weaker than the others and they will lose player retention.

This happens on all the servers hence each server is out balanced.

Players switch from one server to another, you will probably find you are losing TR and NC to other servers pretty heavily just like we probably gained players from those same servers.
  13. Lambchopz

I could be mistaken but I don't think there is a balance problem as severe on other servers at it is on Mattherson. Are there other servers where one faction consistently commands over 50% of the world population?

Also I don't know that server hopping is even the biggest factor in this case. You had what, 2 or 3 large NC outfits completely switch to Vanu, and now the largest TR outfit has left? That plays a bigger role then a bunch of 4th factioners and server hoppers I think.

That said I agree that server transfers would just exacerbate the issue, and you will end up with a cycle of imbalance as people just hop around servers once things inevitably get lopsided, "hey, this is the new unofficial VS/TR/NC server, we do great over here, the grass is so green!" and it will be a different server claiming that every month. Had a similar issue in GW2 with WvWvW when transfers were free. The server balance was completely out of whack as people and entire guilds would move around trying to find a good server.

They need to find a better solution, but at the end of the day it's still a problem that needs fixing.
  14. Phrygen

they will make them one way. as in only TR can go to mattherson and only VS can go to waterson.
  15. Haemoglobin

GOON switched (mostly) to GOKU and made a difference of 1-2 squads in prime time, there are still quite a few GOONs on the NC. I don't know of any other outfits that switched that left.

TE threw their toys out of the pram and stalked off but the population for VS was (allegedly) already a problem before the TE quit and moved on.

Since the VS on waterson often quote that they are at 20% population they are as out numbered just as badly to all intents and purposes, anyhting over about 15-20% won't make any realistic difference to actual performance in game in all likelihood.
  16. Kevorkian

Transfers won't happen at this point, not when a region typically has only 2 servers left (excluding EU/AUS).
  17. LibertyRevolution

All you people saying server transfers will be far off, need to read the roadmap threads...
    They are coming in the July update...

Here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/july-server-transfer-token.106334/

I think it is going to further imblance the servers.
    I expect the waterson VS to move to mattherson, and the mattherson TR to move to waterson.

They should just merge Waterson and mattherson.. It is the only way to fix the pop balance.
    I don't care if there are constant ques on indar, it would be nice to have epic battles on all 3 continents for a change.

SOE will sell you a transfer token, why not take your money first?
    Then when the see how everyone moved to where their faction has the pop advantage, they will merge the servers together.
  18. RobotNinja

Yeah well a lot of things in those road maps keep getting repeatedly pushed back along with numerous other promised and boasted features so just because it says we're going to release this and fix all these issues...well...let the track record speak for itself.