[HELP] One shot to make a good impression

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by that_darn_lurker, Jan 16, 2014.

1. that_darn_lurker

So I've convinced some friends to play PS 2 with me tomorrow night. They are old time FPS players in games like the BF series and CS. They've both tried PS2 on their own, briefly, but for some reason it didn't grab them. I'll probably lead them around in a squad, mindful to explain all the mechanics as we go along, and I'll open it up to the public as well. I'm thinking if there's an Amp station or bio lab fight with fairly equal numbers that those might be a good places to showcase the game. If Recursion or B4ND shows up I'll have us redeploy, lol I don't want them to get a bitter taste from being farmed. Any suggestions as to where I should take them?
  2. Forkyar24

first it depends on their pc set up Minimum System Requirements
    • OS - Windows XP
    • Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
    • Memory - 4 GB RAM
    • Hard Drive - 15 GB free
    • Video Memory - 256 MB RAM
    • Video Card - nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
    • Sound Card - DirectX compatible
    Recommended System
    • OS - Windows 7
    • Processor - Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
    • Memory - 8 GB RAM
    • Hard Drive - 15 GB free
    • Video Memory - 1,024 MB RAM
    • Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
    • Sound Card - DirectX compatible
  3. HadesR

I would avoid Biolabs as a show piece ..

Guessing you are on Connery , So since it gets pretty full I would check the cont pop's and maybe head to Amerish first ( pop's allowing ) .. Once they get the hang of things jump to Esamir / Indar where you can then explain the Lattice ..
  4. that_darn_lurker

Their specs are higher than the recommended system specs. They can probably play the game just fine on high, but I'll probably recommend they start out on medium settings.
  5. Camycamera

a big fight at indar excavation sight or the crown or howling pass. some of my favorite battles have occurred there, and they'll be like OMG LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE AND EXPLOSIONS AND VEHICLES THERE ARE ON MY SCREEN OMFG BF SUCKS NOW like i did when i first played this game lol
  6. applepienation

Look for 25-48 player fights. Those tend to be my favorites when I'm just starting the night. I usually transition to higher player counts once I run out of aerospace resources or get bored of flying.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tommyp2006

IMO biolab is a BAD idea to show them, as it's the worst meatgrinder in the game. IMO a tech plant or amp station would be the best places, along with some of the mesa defense fights, open field battles, big tank battles, etc.