[Help] Cone of Fire info

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sulsa, May 4, 2013.

1. Sulsa

Quick question:
    On automatic weapons (hand held), does Cone of Fire increase over time on full auto firing or is it a static value whether you shoot 2 shots or 100?
  2. Loegi

I'm not particularly sure about the specifics, but the longer you hold the trigger the more your bullets will deviate from where you're aiming.

Not sure about the naming with Cone of Fire, bloom, and recoil, but that's how it works in practice.
    • Up x 1
  3. Captain Kid

If you look at the crosshair you see it gets bigger the longer you fire (automatic)

If you release the trigger the crosshair immediately goes back to it's normal size.

I assume the actual cone of fire is the same as the crosshair visualizes.

Also, if you look at the crosshair, the starting (before firing) cone of fire changes according to your stance and movement. I believe this is the correct order for size of starting COF:
    Crouching > moving while crouching > standing > walking > flying/jumping.

I don't know if there is a difference between the maximal COF while firing automatic between al stances and movement.
  4. DashRendar

5. Littleman

Cone of fire blooms a bit per shot. It blooms faster firing from the hip as opposed to firing while looking down the sights. The jump cof is the widest it will get for the weapon. Your movement state will determine how wide the cof is beyond the type of weapon and whether or not a laser is in use. I assume the cof is actually as expansive as the outside of the cross-hair, not the inside. The average rifle is actually good to hipfire up to 15m. A laser will take it to 20m for reliable hip fire. Carbines typically have a 5m advantage over rifles. The average lmg is only good for up to 10m before a laser, and it's only good that far out due to ammo capacity.