Hello fellow HAs! Nemesis aka Ground to Air

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SemperFi, Dec 1, 2012.

1. SemperFi

Hi im a heavy assault main player is the nemesis(Ground to Air Launcher) worth the 1k cert points or should i just max something like nanoweave?, i already have a pulsar lsw with cert attachments on it i really like it more than the other guns, i got med kit lvl2, lvl2 nanoweave and thats about it.
  2. Vashyo

Defo is worth it, makes heavy assault versatility cover air too. Even if it doesnt allways hit, it is a good way to scare away air.
  3. SemperFi

i just trial'd it awhile ago and it seems it can be dumbfired too also the scope of it is really nice compared to the iron sights of default.
  4. Kurreah

Depends on what you want it for TBH.
    It lets you drive away ESFs for short periods as long as you stay on the move, If you work with good teams a lot and you want to take on the role of air deterrent, its the only real option.
    If you're after farming XP, don't bother. You will be able to kill the occasional new pilot, but it takes 2-3 missiles to destroy an ESF. Given reloading and relocking on timers, that is generally ample time for them to escape even if they don't have flares. They can then go land and take advantage of the nice repairing XP you just gave them.
  5. Dovahkiin

Only shoot a rocket at an ESF it's on low health.

Firstly, use it a couple of times until you get the hang of it, you will quickly learn when to shoot and when not to shoot to hit an air target.
    To use the nemisis effectively, you need to contantly lock-on to enemy aircraft to scare them away and waste a flare.
    The scope is also very useful.
    However, the nemesis does less damage .
  6. SemperFi

so i guess maxing nanoweave to win gun fights is the way to go for me then? since i like to flank alot and get into alot of gun fights.
  7. SemperFi

so what do you guys think about maxing nanoweave?
  8. Quor

1000 certs for what, 5% more life? Or the ability to accurately attack any vehicle at 500ish meters, while also doubling as an anti-air personal rocket launcher.

Get the rocket launcher.
  9. SemperFi

thanks!!! ill do it **** yeah!
  10. absolofdoom

Absolutely worth it. 3 reasons: higher velocity rockets, better scope, can hit air (scare them away by yourself, knock them down if more heavys join in).
    It does do less damage but considering you'll hit the target way more it makes up for it.
  11. ThereIsNoTry

Nemesis: not worth it.
    Even with a single burster you will scare off fighter pilots more effectively AND you will do guaranteed damage.
    The Nemesis (and others) rely too much on "wait for the right moment", which very often there is no time for and in addition a skilled ESF pilot can get rid of the rocket with flares, can outrun the rocket, dodge it and simply get behind cover. There are so many counters against Ground 2 Air rockets, for a skilled pilot you are no match with a Nemesis unless you heavily outnumber him/them. "Scare them away" is worth pretty much not an argument for the Nemesis as a burster also does this job, if not better.
    And against Liberators the Nemsis is completely ineffective as it takes too many hits (which is fine) and if a Liberator is getting into lock-on range of a Nemsis he is doing it wrong. Very wrong.

If you want to be an effective AA counter: get a second burster.
  12. Nenarch

Worth of it.

I haven't looked back or considered getting any other rocket launcher.. and i'm nro 1 in score in my server as HA.

Do what you like, but it ain't a bad weapon to have in squad. Especially if your squad doesn't have maxes.