[Suggestion] HEAT for MAG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Champagon, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Champagon

Posted something similar in a different thread but didn't want it to get buried

Had a decent idea for a HEAT mechanic for the magrider. Remember the ghostbusters lasher they gave us back in beta? Why don't they make that a Mag/Secondary attachment for the Mag. Increase the range a little bit and have an overheat mechanic.

This would resolve the PPA whine if made into a secondary (due to range limitations?)

If made into a main cannon it would limit distance of the Mag but put more emphasis on teamwork AND its mobility!

Lastly, the asset that the devs made for the old lasher could be put back to use. Recyling of assets! Keep costs low income high!

TL;DR everyone benefits

Anyways just an idea i had, i think it could really pan out into something cool!
  2. Ronin Oni

What kinda range we talking about here?

I can't see this being balanced, it would be either OP (particularly on a Harasser) or utterly useless having worse range than even the Canister (which needs range buffing itself)

It sounds neat... gameplay wise I think it can't be anything but broken one way or another.
  3. Champagon

I didn't work out the actual damage distance for this. But it would benefit those users of Stealth, or who prefer to get right into the action. I didn't think of this being a long range thing at all. More of an up close and personal use.

I was hoping others had some input on things such as range.

Also don't dismiss this idea as "broken" it's on the drawing board and is just an idea, give it room to transform and grow. Who knows this could be something awesome.
  4. Ronin Oni

The problem is a tank needs range on its AI to be viable at all.

On the Harasser, sure, short range works fine. If you can't kill inf at 100m though, it's useless.

And the Beta Lasher with 100m range would be insanely OP.

I'd rather them just add a flamethrower... it can be NS and noone will cry, and it can be niche short range without taking away a more important role choice (ranged AI)
  5. Champagon

Let the devs work out the range, i wanted more input on the idea itself. Honestly don't care about any stat other than. "Can this happen?" right now. And wanted the input of others. But thanks for yours Ronin.

Any others?
  6. Champagon

BUMP for ideas