Headshots need to kill period

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Talizzar, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Talizzar

Or we need a modern day 50 cal equivalent. Almost everyone has extra armor now making one shot kills very difficult. The Bolt sniper rifles are better but you are not getting off two shots in a row on tiny head at range to get a kill.

If being a sniper is really not wanted in the game then do away with it. It is challenging enough to get in position and wait for the perfect shot to see the x on the head and he runs away.............
  2. Zoridium JackL

my bolt drivers only ever need 1 headshot to kill unless it's a max... so I don't know whether your a bad aim or firing peanuts...
  3. VKhaun

I agree with ZOridium JackL, but I would still LOVE to see a NS anti-material rifle with very high damage to vehicles and MAX uints. I would totally roll infiltrator with a pistol to have that in reserve to shoot at air and ground alike.

Maybe make it similar damage to infantry as standard rifles but structured as a single shot break action so you sacrifice tons of refire time in exhange for anti-armor damage.
  4. MagisterCrow

QFT. PS1 didn't even give headshots when I played, so snipers were entirely opportunists who gave away their positions with every shot.
  5. Village

All the bolt actions are 1 shot kill to the head, on any class even with nanoweave 5... I think you're just not hitting them in the head? The only time i have had a player survive an obvious headshot is a heavy assault at full health with his overshield suit ability turned on. But he was hurting afterwards.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheCF

And all semi-auto always require two headshots, even with nanoweave too. So I think it's good. But sniper types are good.
    • Up x 1
  7. Skeith

he is talking about semi auto and im inclined to agree

it's kinda bs that a sniper rifle even if semi automatic doesnt kill with an headshot
    • Up x 1
  8. Marinealver

can you imagine an aimbots wet dream? It would be what the OP wants.

Headshots already do extra damage and sniper headshots are 1 hit kills.

If oy are LA just fly over them and watc hall your shots count as headshots (even the ones that hit the sholder)
    • Up x 1
  9. Jourmand1r

Aimbotters don't use sniper rifles.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bags

Considering how easy headshots are I don't see why they need to.

But they do.
    • Up x 1
  11. Jourmand1r

No they don't.

Aimbotters are Guaranteed headshots. They don't need to use slow firing accurate weapons.

Real aimbotters use LMGs so they can kill as many people as possible between reloads. That way they don't get killed as much.
  12. Timeraider

1-hit kills with semi-automatic rifles ... uhmm.. nope, not a good idea.
    It would be freaking overpowered and probably cause people to have a minimal of 50 killstreaks, looking at how easy it is to headshot quite quickly with bolt-action. The only drawback to 1shotting everyone is the reload/rescope time... removing that would make it way to good.
    • Up x 1