[BUG] Headshot isn't registering? (Using 800 dmg sniper)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Chouheals, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Kaska

You missing might be because bullets are spawned from the barrel instead of "middle of crosshair."

[IMG]

This is what happens with every weapon but it's only really noticeable with bolt action sniper rifles. I don't know for what length Parallax (or equivalent) is sighted in.

So, at close range, aim for the head, at medium aim for the neck, at long range aim for the head again and at super long range, compensate for bullet drop (aim above head).
  2. drNovikov

Well, it's a maximum DMG bolt-action rifle. 50 cal.
  3. Stinneyt

An infiltrator with max nano-weave can survive a headshot from a max dmg bolt action with 1 bar of health left.
    So any other class can also do the same.
  4. giltwist

This comes and goes. Today I was headshotting left and right. A week ago, I was missing so often I started playing Medic. I suspect latency is a big issue. If I'm shooting where you were 5 MILLISECONDS AGO, of course I'm going to miss.
  5. Cozert

I feel as though the top part of the head doesn't register as well as the lower. Maybe they need to increase the hit box size?
  6. Stinneyt

I noticed it today. I think it might be because the person I had shot at had just spawned.