HC1 Cougar

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Leivve, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Leivve

So I have grown in love with this weapon as of late. I apparently have Russian blood in my British veins because I'm a fan of hard hitting weapons. So now that I've gotten my hands on this my NC alt is no longer needed to satisfy my cravings.
    The NC now tempt me with their boom sticks, last night there was a guy who was all like "Hey, I heard you like boomsticks, so guess what? We got boomsticks for our boomsticks."
    I will remain strong of will!

So what do you guys think of this weapon? Greatest thing ever or complete piece of crap? So far I've been hearing differing opinions if it's good or not.
    • Up x 2
  2. NCstandsforNukaCola

If you wonder, try Razor GD-23 in NC
  3. Iridar51

Cougar is one of the best TR carbines and a best thing that happened to TR LA in a while, but it's worse than every 167 damage NC carbine.

Cougar is powerful, very usable, and easily one of my favorite carbines. But it comes with penalties: bad hip fire and low DPS.
  4. CMDante

I am similarly enchanted by the HC1. I bought it immediately when it was released and have been using it extensively since. Gold damage, good sound, good look. Yeah it suffers a bit in cqc but I love it just the same.
  5. Hoki

I like it. The new green T sights really improved my game with it, its pretty awesome.
  6. Lord_Avatar

It's not a bad gun on it's own, but pretty much every other NC 167 dmg carbine outclasses it (which is exactly how it should be, because high damage per shot isn't a TR trait, so in borrowing it we *should* end up with a watered-down version).
  7. Iridar51

*Cough* GD-7F *cough*.

Maybe Cougar should be the worst of 167 damage carbines, but considering it's our best option for ranged combat, I find it unfair. Then T5 AMC should be buffed to be comparable to Pulsar C.
    • Up x 1
  8. Lord_Avatar

The GD-7F should be toned down since it relies on the TR trait of high ROF - of course. As for buffing the accuracy of the T5-AMC - I'm all for it.
  9. bubbacon

The "Old" Jaguar used to wreck GD-7Fers & Pulsar Cers all day long. I miss that Carbine.
  10. Iridar51

What changed? The only "nerf" I remember to the Jaguar is 3% increase in average recoil.
  11. bubbacon

The ranged CoF of the Old Jag was really tight.
  12. K2k4

I started using the cougar after I finished using the trac5 amc and even thoughi haven't perfected the recoil pattern I have truly found the cougar is superior in most situations. Mainly the 4 head shot kills seem to be really making the difference for me.
  13. Iridar51

All 143 @ 652 weapons are underwhelming, with NS-11A / NS-15M as possible exceptions. There is just no advantage to them compared to 167 @ 550-600 weapons.
    • Up x 1