Having Periodic Input Issues, Impacting Aiming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Mar 18, 2015.

1. sustainedfire

Lately I have been getting a lot of aiming issues. Lack of response, or slow responding cursor movement in game. ADS, and suddenly im locked into a very limited window of movement. Or inability to aim in what should be the standard range of motion for a tank turret.

I wonder if this is from the input changes that are being made to facilitate the completion of the console version of PS2.

Anyone else having input issues that occur sporadically during aiming?
  2. IchGebDirAua

try to turn off vsync ;)
  3. Czerń

Check your USB ports and energy saving settings in control panel.
    I had been having this until today, when I used tape to stabilize mouse plug :p

And vsync.
  4. sustainedfire

Its odd, the input issue has been only happening recently.
  5. FateJH

Does it affect all mouse movement such as menu manipulation, for example, or just weapon mouse movement?
    • Up x 1
  6. sustainedfire

Its particular to weapon mouse movement. Its an odd occurrence, and at random.

Can happen for most of a play session, or for some of the session, or once during a session, or not at all. Completely random.

It was happening today for an hour. Trying to play burster max, and it would drift slightly, like an aim assist on a console- and not in a particularly beneficial way.
  7. FateJH

Switch between raw mouse input and not and smoothed input and not, and compare the results during firefights. You should have four results.
    Also, during these periods of mouse laziness, does your FPS counter respond in any way that is interesting?
    • Up x 1
  8. sustainedfire

I will have to try those different settings. I changed nothing, its an odd happening.

Typically I run with raw mouse, and not smoothed. I will have to look and see if they changed.

Regarding the FPS, im not certain there is any deviation. No massive dips or lagginess in the graphics or animations. Just terrible / sluggish aim control. Perhaps a good way to describe the event, is to liken it to zooming in a sniper rifle- It loses rapid movement and seems to confine movement within a small window like a stationary base turret.
  9. The Rogue Wolf

I've had something similar to this happen to me when I'm just at the edge of the area-of-effect of a concussion grenade. Have you ruled this out?
  10. Eternaloptimist

Well, I had a bizarre experience last night but I don't know if it is related.....the straight pull bolt on my BASR just stopped working and every second shot I lined up resulted in me breaking aim to chamber another round.I also noted that some of my shots were silent, although they were still hitting.

I did also have one character a couple of days ago where I fired the LMG then waited for my target to run off before seeing my bullets hit the wall where he had been standing (and no....not just bad aim, I almost had time to nip out and smoke a *** while waiting for the gun to work).

I had to chuckle though as it reminded me that the British army called the early version of their new SA80 rifle the Civil Servant - because it didn't work and it couldn't be fired.