Have Not Encountered A Hacker In A While.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roxputin, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Roxputin

Up unto and right after the UEC hackers were everywhere. I couldn't go an hour without seeing someone blatantly aimbotting or warping all around. It seems as if SOE got a handle on the situation or people just are not abusing them as much. The forums usually are ripe with hacker this hacker that threads. It just seems oddly quiet.
  2. Areski

I have seen a surge in people with ridiculously good aim, yet they use terrible tactics and are often unaware of anything not directly in front of them.
  3. Mythicrose12

There was one last night on Jaegar. A level 11 TR heavy assault defending the cross roads. My kill feed hasn't worked since GU2 so I couldn't report him. He had one of those stuip names like 1lll1!!!11TearsAreYummy1!!!lll1l1l1l1!L! types of names. As much as I hate hackers, I feel sorry for them. They must have miserable lives if the only pleasure they get is from trying to piss others off.
  4. Xaturas

Search harder, see them on daily basis.
  5. Lovepump

I don't see them often anymore where i play. But that said... is there a way to see who killed you last?
    Because otherwise it is impossible to report the wall/air walkers that kill you before you can use the "press Q and die while waiting for UI menu" system...
  6. kill

Really? I see them ever day. And I'm talking about the ones that do it blatantly.
  7. Deathcapt

Hackers probably got board and switched to something else. There's plenty of F2P fps.
  8. Jac70

I have seen two in my time playing. That is two obvious ones - speed hacks, aimbots, blatant cheaters no questions asked.

I have been accused of being a shill for SOE for stating such blasphemy.
  9. Purg

type /report

You have an option to fill in the person who killed you last at the top.

Come to think of it, I've only seen the odd speed hacker recently - I did suspect one wall-hacker yesterday that came out of a building and pre-fired on me even though I was out of sight, behind cover in a corner and presumably out of spotting range of enemy. Hopefully something that SOE has included recently has reduced the ability for hackers to kill swathes of us in a very short period of time. A few weeks back it was a TR MAX circling the Crown with Mercys mowing down anything in the vicinity.
  10. fish998

Saw one last night on Miller, a TR Infiltrator who shot me from inside a solid rock, then when I respawned they shot me while floating 40 foot in the air. Reported them.
  11. Acer

I reported 2 people for shooting through walls at defend points, one was inside the spawn wall itself.. there are people also still using aimbots. when you drop in 1 second facing a lvl 8 with a wierd name like pewpewpewhaha yea you know its a hacker
  12. Arkha3

You have to be careful right now who you report as a hacker. With the games desync issue with some players, they can end up looking like they're wall-invincible hacking when really they have no idea what's going on.
    Now if you're getting repeatedly killed in the spawn room and the kill message is flooded with kills, then yeah. Report away
  13. CoffeeBreak

Looks like something I said a month or so ago. I wouldn't probably never assume a tactical, aggressive player of cheating(even if they were) but nothing makes me more suspicious than those dudes that run around in the open looking like targets that can put three rounds in your head the sec you start to point at them.
  14. BadLizzard

had a couple aimbotters just 2 nights ago. Headshotting everyone through the ground around the Crown.
  15. smokemaker

Reason forum devoid of cheater post, SOE removing them about as fast as they get put up. To bad they are not that effective with removing the cheats. (grin) had to take the shot.

But maybe SOE got something going, who knows, its not like SOE is saying anything.
  16. Clutchstep

I've seen three, all using wall hacks and being very obvious about it (i.e., taunting people via /yell). I've been accused of astroturfing too, but I guess that is because some people have been unlucky and see a lot of hackers for some reason. Two of them went away within 20-30 minutes too, although I don't know if that's because of /report or because they got bored. One persisted for over an hour though.

I've run into a lot of suspicious deaths though, where someone headshots me from long range with an LMG or something. But I've had enough lucky headshot kills at long ranges that I don't automatically assume everyone is aimbotting. But I suppose they could have been aimbotting.
  17. Lord Robert

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any in a couple weeks either.
    I did see a ESF warp around once today, but I'm pretty sure it was lag.
    Maybe there is something to this "they aren't as many as there used to be" theory.
  18. Nikushimi

Problem is you cannot tell, unless you have a magical way of telling if someone has a COF or ESP hack (both of these have become common public hacks). Its only the trolls/griefers that used them openly because they really did not care about getting caught. So some people you might think are legit could in reality be using some from of hack, wile others you think are hacking could be completely legit.

Overall the problem is the complete lack of any automated cheat detection (all the "detection" is done by /report) and honestly i dont expect this to change as i cant think of a single SOE title that had any form of anti cheat.
  19. Duvenel

you can use the /report function to find out and report who killed you last. But just an important note, currently this function is a bit bugged in that it will include a player's faction tag in the name aswell. SOE know about this and a fix is on the way, but until then you'll have to remove their faction tag manually.
  20. Lovepump

Thanks, i never noticed that option until today when someone pointed it out to me ingame :D
    This helps a lot :)