Hate this game so much

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Duff_Chimp

Yet logon everyday and play all the same...

Where did the fun go? I used to really enjoy this game and i pray something happens to make me want to keep playing this game but nerf after nerf has really taken its toll on 'balance' to the point there is no differentiation between skill and luck. Being a seasoned FPS player, getting beaten down in ever incredulous fashion is becoming less and less fun by the day.

So like an idiot i thought i would roll around as a MAX for a bit today. My mistake as apparently MAXes are big slow lumbering pieces of crap. That get blown sky high by every C4 or rocket toting heavy moron now. Even with max flak armour you can be killed solo by pretty much most anybody you meet. I guess NC maxes don't have that problem seeing as they only have to pull the trigger in those 1 v 1 situations. Poor me for having to try and aim for the head of a bunnyhopping, shield spamming heavy that swaps out a decimator and his LMG with relative speed. Total BS.

This is indicative of pretty much anything that you can spend resources on, instead of reducing resource gain, though they did increase CDs, hardware is rendered almost completely ineffective by nerf after nerf. I just hope heavies get some hammering, they are too dominant and wreck skillful gunplay for most part.

/rage
    • Up x 5
  2. Wasdie

Sounds like you tried to use a MAX without any support or as a part of a team. Not the game's fault you don't know how to use the mechanics correctly.

I see both VS and TR maxes being used in a highly efficient manner to decimate NC forces. They act as shock troops in an assault, soaking up the damage of an attack or defense while being supported by an engineer and several other infantry of various classes working along side of it.

The TR max can be devastating within a group of coordinated players. Pulling it alone or trying to use it outside of its intended role is pointless. Even a Scat max gets annihilated in the wrong situation.

Also your sig says you've played this game for 26 days on just this one character. You should probably take a break. Play something different.
    • Up x 9
  3. Dudeman325420

Dude, if you aren't having fun, go do something else.
    • Up x 5
  4. LookmawNoHands

im uninstalling here in a sec,the only thing i see in this game is..nothign really that impresses me.Nice looking though,but it gets old fast.
    • Up x 1
  5. DJPenguin

hate to tell ya this, but this game has none
  6. LookmawNoHands

oh and yet another community that cries over everything or anything that gets changed.
  7. LonelyTerran

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  8. Zorro

No need to uninstall, just take a break from it and come back when you--and the game--are ready.
    • Up x 3
  9. LookmawNoHands

dude i had the game since tuesday,im bored with it already.
  10. Bodido

As a long time gamer I can honestly say there is no game that I can play every day and it remain fun. Never has been one. Never will be one. I don't understand how people can play anything that much and keep enjoying it. I need breaks. Not the games fault. I'm not saying that the game doesn't need improvement. It does....

But if they created the perfect video game, I still wouldn't be able to play hours a day every day. I think that's actually kind of normal.
    • Up x 8
  11. Wasdie

Funny I seem to outgun people all of the time because they can't control their weapons worth squat.
    • Up x 2
  12. Phrygen

sigh.

You are addicted to frustration. Its rather common with games, especially MOBA genre.

should not be the case in this game though.

I am starting to agree with the heavy assessment though. They are a bit too common. I think a new class called riflemen needs to be added that uses ARs and dumb fire only launchers.
    • Up x 1
  13. omega4

PS2 is now an infantry-centric game. Infantry dominates all manner and forms of vehicles and aircraft, including MAXs.

Enjoy!

• Up x 1
  14. DJPenguin

As do i. But that's called farming bads. Not necessarily the weapons having a respectable skill ceiling. If they did the vast majority of people playing would stand even less of a chance against their betters. But because this is a free to play mmo, we need the training wheels.
  15. -Synapse-

I usually just play in surges, one week I won't even touch the game, the next it's all I play. Take breaks, problem solved. (On your end anyway, SOE has yet to start filling the gaping holes in the design such as default armor design, vehicle balance, metagame, etc.)
    • Up x 1
  16. TheBillOf3D

It's not the kind of game where you are going to run through and save the day by yourself. Maybe as platoon or squad leader. But not you off by your lonesome. So your FPS experience only goes so far. And why don't all the COD players go play COD instead of crying about this not being COD?
    • Up x 4
  17. Izriul

Kinda feeling it myself atm. My main gripe is the bugs, hackers and team killers. Every day I've logged on I've lost my first ESF within a couple of minutes, often right out the warp gate from a team killer. I've been playing all 3 factions as of late and 2 of them no one knows me, the server that I usually play on, I don't cause **** either so it's just random TK's...but it's a lot, too much in fact. I actually had 7 TKs in a row today before I even got 1 single death from the enemy. I was statonary on my flash looking at the map NOT in a road, in the middle of the desert in indar when a low BR mag ran me over...it's **** like that. Game seems to have lost it's few decent players and left with lots of little kiddiwinks.
  18. RedPsycho

Can't please everyone, really though, maybe you should tell people what you dislike about the game or why you find it boring?
  19. Wasdie

So then what is your definition of "skillful" shooting mechanics?

Yes, im humoring you.
    • Up x 1
  20. HadesR

Understand how you feel some day's

Log in > join a battle > 5 sec's in OHK by shotgun > respawn > OHK to someone using a Deci as a CQC weapon > respawn > OHK to shotty > rinse repeat ...

Some day's border on frustration
    • Up x 2