Has the NC1 Gauss S been nerfed?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Chubzdoomer, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Chubzdoomer

I've noticed that my Gauss S has felt pathetically weak since I came back to the game last month following a one year-ish hiatus. I'm having to put more rounds into infantry than I ever recall doing roughly a year or so ago, and this isn't just shielded Heavy Assaults, either. I'm also using the same loadout as usual: 1x Red Dot Sight, Compensator, and Laser Sight.

Did the Gauss S receive any significant changes over this past year/year and a half?

Perhaps I've just had bad luck, but I was annoyed enough to make this thread and see if any of you guys have had similar issues.
  2. Lucidius134

iirc the hit detection changed. I don't think the Saw S has changed much outside of an indirect HVA buff and indirect Hipfire nerf?

Nanoweave also was nerfed so headshots should be more rewarding. The head hitboxes were adjusted. Maybe that's why?
  3. Ghosty

The most recent changes to the Gauss Rifle S occurred in PU2 and GU8, and they were all buffs.

AFAIK, its damage model was untouched.
  4. Epic High Five

Compared to a year ago, more players play better and have more certs. As for the gun itself, it's just as kickass as ever, and moreso in fact as it has received some buffs since then. I run smoke launcher/SPA with no barrel attachment and it's easily one of my favorite guns in the game. It's one of the most un-used extremely good guns in the game.
  5. Moz

Those sound like buffs to me as well! :D
  6. Heyitsrobbie1984

what really annoys me more is the rate of fire compared to the standard rifle. the advanced versions of the rifles has less rate of fire than the original. why is that? you'd be doing yourself harm in medium ranges too. the only use for the special rifles is the long range combat and im mostly a player who prefers close to medium range combat and the basic 167 damage rifle would out damage it with the extra rate of fire
  7. Epic High Five

Factoring in the SPA that the S-variants get, they actually do more damage at the ranges you're describing, depending on the gun. The Gauss Rifle S, for example, loses a measly 64dps compared to the stock Gauss Rifle. The T1S loses 124dps compared to the T1
  8. Rivotril

After seen this threat I played with it. And I can confirm that it is less accurate and hip firing it's terrible, compare to before. Big CoF it's the most visible change.
  9. Rayco

I seriously think they messed something up with the aim down the sight accuracy, after 4-5 bullets the rounds start straying 2-3 cm from where the red dot actually is and it seems to grow even worse. I have lots of footage. I've just been too lazy to slow it down and actually take a look. I notice it with the HA GR-22S as well.

Anyone else?