Has NS-7 PDW been nerfed in the last couple of months?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrGrampybone, Aug 22, 2014.

1. MrGrampybone

I have been away from PS2 for a couple of months and wish to know if the NS-7 PDW has been nerfed or if I am just that rusty. I used to love using this gun on my light assault and infiltrator but now I can't kill anything with it. Thanks in advance for any reply.

in b4 ltp
  2. VonStalin

yes, all SMGs were nerfted. Advanced laser nerf that was, no longer small cross-hair. No more headshot multikills... :/
  3. MrGrampybone

ok, thats too bad. Are all smg's as useless as the NS-7 now or are some still usable?
  4. SacredRay

??? Advanced Laser wasn't nerfed, it was just condensed. I run the PDW stock with no attachments (can't afford them and I always use iron sights on my guns) and I kill people just fine.

The weapon is has good damage drop off over a wider range than most smgs... so take off the laser sight seeing as you're trying to force its performance in an area where it has a slight weakness.
  5. Stigma

As far as I know there has been no nerfs to the PDW or the laser attachment (the latter just rolled advanced lasers into a single upgrade but remains just as powerful).

The PDW is just a hard weapon to use well as you don't have the DPS to simply spray down people - you need to make sure those bullets hit, and thankfully you generally have decent accuracy to work with on that gun for an SMG. Just try to avoid too long mid-range shots with it. Even if you hit at those ranges the bullets to a pittance of damage and is likely to leave the target alive - also you take so long to kill that you leave yourself very open to being killed in return while exposed by those many weapons that can kill much faster at medium range.

You are probably just a little rusty to be honest.
    -Stigma
  6. Call-Me-Kenneth

no changes have been made, make sure you have updated your loadout with the new 200 cert laser sight.
  7. Oberlion

i wouldn't buy ns-7 pdw btw.
    there was on offer like 2$ for weapon and 1 day boost. i bet they make it garbage very soon. like all weapons on sale in the past.
  8. OldMaster80

Just becasue it's less "I WIN" than before it doesn't mean it's useless. SMGs are still very popular and still very good at close quarter. Btw this change affected advanced laser sight, not just the PDW, meaning it's the same for every weapon.
    Imho they are still the brainless weapon of PS2, if you play Infiltrator: only a complete idiot couldn't score dozens of kill with an SMG.

PDW hard? You kidding me? :eek: Ever tried a scout rifle or cqc sniper rifle? Try to do the same with a TRAP M1, and let's see if you think PDW is still a "hard weapon".
  9. Cinnamon

You are probably rusty or suffering from some of the high latency problems that are around right now.
  10. Rikkit

i use the pdw with extended mags and a silencer.
    first i tried it with compensator and forward grip, but i struggle with it.
    but since i use extended mag and the silencer i can kill people with it. it's not like a faceroll cyclone (love it, but auraxium... you know, wan't to have the cyclone 2.0 ähm the tempes), but you can kill people and get away with it.