Has anyone suggested a teleport beacon?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Freedym Fry, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Freedym Fry

A teleport beacon could be pretty useful. Shoot it like a dart, but with a shorter range. Can teleport onto a ledge or something, not too far but useful. And just limited distances, nothing that impinges on light assault, maybe twenty meters.

Another use would be to shoot it on a favorite camp location and be able to jump back to it later. Could be an alternative to recon dart slot behind enemy lines. Triggered like a c4 charge, place, then press the button when you're ready to go. Alternatively, allow it to be used with darts and you can run in to fire a dart and get right back to where you just were right away. Support the team and snipe too.

Could be used to guard a point or look after a terminal getting re-hacked. Give its use a limited range from the placed beacon, so you have to be within x meters to use it. Range increases with rank. 20/50/75/125/200 or so. Fits the infiltrator gameplay really well, has lots of uses, would be fun, and I doubt it would be overpowered. More like a dynamic tool.
  2. vsae

No, thank you. We dont need Call of Duty personal spawn beacons.
  3. Freedym Fry

I don't know what that is, but it's not for spawning. More like shadowstepping. Unless that's what spawn beacons do. If anything, it's more like infiltrators from Enemy Territory. They basically had that and flying drones (which we're getting) and placeable short range radar (which we're getting in addition to the darts). It plays very similiarly. Teleporting is great for flanking quickly or getting just a little better spot with a sniper rifle. I see it working just as well here, while being just as limited.

Or for really short range shadowsteps, which could also be pretty cool, think Loki from the Thor movie.

Sorry about not getting the spawn reference, I never got into Call of Duty.
  4. M2_Bradley

I think he means placing two bacons in different locations...And when you walk up to one,you can get teleported to the locations of the other.
  5. Freedym Fry

Picture shooting a dart. Then when you press the button, you disappear, and reappear at that location. Could have all sorts of limitations like above, 15 meter range, require line of sight. Very infiltrator like though. Picture warping around a tower by shooting from one spot to another. Like a high tech grappling hook. Fast paced moving, keeps everyone guessing. Recharge or ammo count would be important so it's not spammable. Might be pretty synergistic with the new cloak for sneaking around unseen.

I guess I'm a little disappointed in es basr and am wanting something fun and useful, that expands on the class. Es teleporting methods? (1st emp: Shootable beacons as above. 2nd emp: Warp ten meters instantly in the direction you're looking, no tool required, just a recharge, and 3rd emp....something else. I remember someone mentioning a walk through walls idea, which could work if it couldn't be used too often. Different styles, different tactics, all useful).
  6. Freedym Fry

Ah. I'm picturing it more like a line of sight or limited range grappling hook that you shoot and reappear at.
  7. Dramonicous

Yes teleport devices like the one in unreal tournament have been suggested. Several times even.
  8. M2_Bradley

The problem I see with this is that when you warp in,your situational awareness is zinch no matter how good you are.You have no idea where the enemies are.Just like dem drop pods.So it might leads some ppl to abuse the thing because they'll just wait for enemies to teleport in and then farm,instead of destroying the teleporter.
  9. OldMaster80

Then it won't probably be implemented for the same reasons why we're not getting the grappling hook, I assume.
  10. Freedym Fry

Ah, ok thanks. I figured someone must have suggested something like it already, but wasn't sure.
  11. BloodyG

Alot of people who hack have that, they just stand behind you even when you scout all the time and have a dart to be sure nobody sneaks up to you, let me tell you its not fun be killed by them...