Harrasser Nanite change did nothing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Oct 6, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Guess what? They are still just pulling unlimited Harrasers from Construction bases. Everyone knows Main Battle Tanks are trash, they are to slow and when you have to retreat you expose your back. Maybe during WW2 they had weak armor in the rear but with modern armor it’s changed. I don’t get it, every Harrasser just pulls up to the rear of any tank and they are toast. Want to make it even, give the Harraser a rear weak end as well?
  2. JibbaJabba

There is a bug giving 225 to unlimited nanites per tick right now.

Withhold judgement until it's fixed.

That said... it's still not gonna change crap. :p
  3. Demigan

Well a Harasser team is usually 2 players who at minimum receive 100 resources per minute when combined so they essentially need to survive 3 minutes with each life to chain-pull them indefinitely, switching who pulls it every now and then.

With the survivability of Harassers easily making them last far longer unless you do suicide runs I really dont see what this change to 300 resources was supposed to accomplish. Instead of just reverting to pre-tanky Harassers where the only complaint was "Vulcan outperforms other Harassers but otherwise both parties are fine".
    Seriously go back to the pre-tanky era of Harassers and you will find that complaints about the Vulcan and a few about the Mjolnir are the only complaints, nothing about Harassers being paper or too tanky there. It was a good balance, why they ever went away from it I'll never know.

Also with bugs that give you this much nanites, do we see more vehicles period? You would think that if you have essentially unlimited resources that the best vehicle is going to be pulled regardless of its actual cost. Since Harassers remain in vogue despite that you know something fishy is going on.
    • Up x 1
  4. Botji

I cant agree more with Harassers needing a health or resistance nerf, lets compare a typical Harasser with a Lightning and MBT(Maggie/Prowler) just to make the point though.

Harasser with 3000 health(comp armor) + Fire Suppression(375 health) = 3375 health

Lightning HEAT = 630 damage against Harassers = 6 hits to kill Harasser
    Lightning AP = 840 damage against Harassers = 5 hits to kill(Harasser survives the 4th with 15 health...)

Lightning has 4000 health + Fire Suppression(600 health) = 4600 health

Lightning HEAT = 788 damage against tanks = 6 hits to kill Lightning(front/sides) 4 to rear armor
    Lightning AP = 1050 damage against tanks = 5 hits to kill Lightning(front) 4 to sides and 3 to rear armor

Lightning HEAT needs 6 hits to kill a Harasser, 6 hits to kill a Lightning from the front and sides but only 4 to rear armor = Harasser equal or tankier than a Lightning when shot by Lightning HEAT.
    MBTs take 7 hits to the front but only 6 to sides and 5 to rear armor = Harasser kinda equal or tankier than a MBT when shot by Lightning HEAT.

Lightning AP needs 5 hits to kill a Harasser, 5 hits to kill a Lightning from the front but only 4 to the sides and 3 to rear armor = Harasser again equal or tankier than Lightning when shot by Lightning AP.
    MBTs take 5 hits to the front and sides but only 4 to rear armor = Harasser equal or tankier than a MBT when shot by Lightning AP.

I mean :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:o_O

I wont bother going through everything but a Halberd only needs 5 hits to kill a Harasser, one less than Lightning HEAT and equal to a Lightning AP. The Halberd would kill a Lightning with 7 front hits, 6 side hits or 5 rear hits so not only does Harassers beat Lightnings in 'tankyness' they are able to compete on damage as well. HEAT does have a faster reload so the Lightning DPS is higher but we all know there are other weapons Harassers like to use that definitely compete with what a Lightning can throw out.

Prowler AP = 5 hits vs Harasser, 6 vs Lightning(front), 5 side and 4 rear. 6 vs MBT(7 vs Vanguard)
    Maggie AP = 4 hits vs Harasser, 5 vs Lightning(front), 4 side and 3 rear. 5 vs MBT(6 vs Vanguard)
    Vanguard AP = 4 hits vs Harasser, 4 vs Lightning(front), 4 side and 3 rear. 4 vs MBT(front)

Did these as well so people dont just complain that its only Lightning tanks and just to show how stupidly tanky the Harasser is since it even compares well against MBTs and to be honest, show how crazy the Prowler DPS is.. that is not reloads but shots so the Prowler only reloads twice to kill a Harasser, Lightning and Maggie(first 2 shots are already loaded), beating both the Maggie and Vanguard by a full reload cycle.

I dont really want to use so much math or 'lists' because it makes everything a wall of text but I kinda have to, otherwise people will just "No, it doesnt work like that because when I drive a Harasser we die all the time to *insert whatever*."
    • Up x 2
  5. Blam320

Harassers need a flat nerf to their resistances. Otherwise, I'm glad player-made structures have some more viability by forcing people to use them to continue chain-pulling Harassers.

Another idea is to actually increase the time between being able to acquire vehicles to something more significant, like a few minutes, as it was in PS1.
    • Up x 1