[Suggestion] Harasser's Nanite Cost

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 000AmidimA000, Nov 5, 2015.

1. 000AmidimA000

I'm pretty sure that forumside is ****** in general and will never ever accomplish anything... and that's why the devs choose to ignore us
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

Sounds like you should take a break from the forums.
    • Up x 1
  3. 000AmidimA000

Sounds like you should take a break from breathing by submerging your head in your toilet until you pass out
    • Up x 1
  4. RedArmy

u do realize u can get banned for posts in forums too right?
    • Up x 2
  5. 000AmidimA000

Then why is Scr1nRusher still around? If he's still here... then I have nothing to fear
  6. RedArmy

hes never said anything threatening or involving death like u have
    • Up x 2
  7. Scr1nRusher

Woah dude.

That is not needed on any accounts.
    • Up x 1
  8. 000AmidimA000

I only thought you might enjoy the company of all the **** you talk. Conversing with it underwater would naturally lead to the passing out... which might not be such a bad thing given the unconstructiveness of every single post you make.
    • Up x 1
  9. RedArmy

i find his posts constructive with a nice level of comic releif
  10. 000AmidimA000

is constructive? Neither of you are constructive. Neither of you even attempt to make comments for the betterment of the game, except when it comes to your own agendas. Neither of you get on another post and add to the conversation. All you do is b!tch and say that others are the ones b!tching. Here's a terrific idea... you make your posts, and I'll make mine, and if I have some thoughtful input I'll comment on yours, and if you have thoughtful input you may comment on mine. If you want to say things like the comments above, then I hope you can except a TRUE rage post... such as this... pointing out how the both of you do nothing but belittle other people's ideas. Were you to give me facts, statistics, or anecdotes about gameplay and LEND to the conversation, then I wouldn't need to stand up to either of you. Guess what... if you CHOOSE to be the bullies of forumside and patronize every comment that's not yours... then you can get a post such as this, in which... I will very politely... and with the utmost respect... ask you kindly to go **** yourselves and to stop commenting if you don't have anything constructive to say. In short... go comment on your own god damn posts you worthless forum trolls. I've had it with your ****, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  11. RedArmy

Look, im not sure how it ended up like this.
    You posted, some of us make some accurate statments and opinions on the topic and Scr1n added some comic flavor. im not really sure how it ended up like this. IMO you kinda took a lil more offence to Scr1n than you should have, but thats just me, im sure lotta people would side with you also.
    but up until this gaffe here it was a decent thread that got off topic.
    -
    is the harasser better than the lightning?
    yes, sittuationally, however its crewed by 2+ people, so its going to be better based on that alone.
    is the harasser easier to kill?
    yes, substantially. you cant use small arms to kill a lightning
    Should the cost be changed?
    i think its fine where its at for now until the next wave updates. i dont expect any major updates within the next month or two.
  12. Imp C Bravo

You actually didn't make a buff the lightning post. You made a nerf the harasser (in terms of cost) thread. The title of this thread literally spells out the topic being the harasser. And here we all are discussing the merits of drawbacks of harassers and armor in relation to harassers to see if your opinion on harasser cost is shared or defendable.

Just sayin...
    • Up x 1
  13. oberchingus

This has to be a SHT POST. How are they better than Lightnings exactly? Better at flipping maybe. I slide more in flipped Lightnings than I do in flipped harassers. Mostly bounce around or explode.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mongychops

It is kinda true though, the cost effectiveness of the Lightning is pretty poor compared to the Harasser.

A semi competent Harasser team will view 95% of the playerbase in an unsupported Lightning as almost free certs. Even if it is AP. The ability of the Harasser to reset a fight when it isn't going well and then ambush the Lightning again makes the match up even more one sided.

I would like to see any changes come to the Lightning rather than the Harasser (though some Harasser weapons could do with tweaking). I think it should get main gun velocity buffed to 250 m/s (same as Prowler), and a baseline handling buff so it is better able to pursue / maneuvre against a Harasser. Perhaps give half the benefits of each chassis to it before upgrades, so a post buff stock Lightning has same handling as a 0.5 Racer + 0.5 Rival live Lightning, while a post buff Racer Lightning would have 1.0 Racer + 0.5 Rival live handling.

I think those two changes would make the match up a little less one-sided. It somewhat addresses the two key problems of the Lightnings relatively short effective range against a fast evasive target, and enhances the Lightnings ability to pursue a Harasser that is on low HP and still be able to turn to keep the rear arc safe.
    • Up x 2
  15. stalkish

Not sure who your replying to, i must have him/her/them on ignore.
    My advice would be to do the same, from the sound of it trolls trying to get the exact response you gave to get the thread locked, because as you say it suits their agenda. Its a common troll trick and is pretty sad and pathetic tbh.
    Dont give them the time of day or the satisfaction of a response just ignore and move on.

Its like the grammar police, those guys go straight to ignore, this isnt a legal document its a forum..
  16. LodeTria

I'd hardly call his posts constructive.
    They are still better than OP though.
  17. Iridar51

Lightning doesn't need 2 people.

/ don't even use harasser.
  18. Voodoo Bliss

I play TR only and I would be happy if Harassers cost 100 more nanites, here's why.

currently here is the break down on ground vehicles:

Flash - 50 nanites
    Harraser - 150 nanites
    Sunderer - 200 nanites
    Lightening - 350 nanites
    MBT - 450 nanites

Given the current costs I see room for 2 new vehicles to fit inside the price ranges.

You could add an Enduro Bike type thing to cost 25 nanites, basically an unarmed scamble bike that carries 1 rider and no weapons.

If you increase the cost of the harasser to 250 nanites you could make room for another vehicle at 150 nanites, the harraser doesnt really fit as a next step up from the flash since it carries 3 and has the same weapons that an MBT carry minus the main gun of course.

If they made the harasser 250 they could replace the 150 'slot' with a new vehicle, perhaps an ARV (Armoured Recon Vehicle) 1 rider but able to clip a MAX to the rear armour, the ARV would have more restricted weapons than the harrasser, no halberd or GK, otherwise the same guns as the harraser. You could add some fine little certs to it like a proximity radar that transmits spots to all allied vehicles within a radius determined by your certs, possibly a flare launcher to mark target areas for aircraft, and maybe the ability to be clipped to the underside of a galaxy, possibly a stationary cloak cert (you choose its ability, only one at a time). Give it half the hitpoints of a lightening but make it fairly nippy, not as nippy as a harrasser but getting there. I imagine the ARV to look like a tiny cute tank.

So my new list of ground vehicles would look like this:

EnduroBike - 25 nanites
    Flash - 50 nanites
    ARV - 150 nanites
    Sunderer - 200 nanites
    Harraser - 250 nanites
    Lightening - 350 nanites
    MBT - 450 nanites
    Giant Death Robot - 750 nanites

The Sunderer needs to be cheap since its the main spawn point for all forces, sure they can be weaponised to a battle bus but that takes lots of certs so why not.

The Lightening needs some love if it is to remain 350 nanites.

And the GDR is just a dream, you could make it so that it syphons all nanite regeneration while it is out so as to reflect its awesomeness, I know they probably wont bring in ubermechs but I can still dream, but I dont think my other ideas are unrealistic.
    • Up x 1