hacking turrets changed ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Elack, Mar 13, 2013.

1. OldMaster80

Sorry it's a typo: I meant this is 100% a bug o_O
    I think this is like a side effect to changes they've done to rendering.
  2. Mustarde

As far as I know, rendering changes occurred before GU03. This is a new bug since GU04 and I wasn't aware of any explicit rendering changes.

I filed a bug report and linked the videos in this thread with SOE, I hope you guys do too just to make sure they realize how broken this is.

For those of us who were regularly ejecting fools from their unguarded turrets, it was a problem that was noticed immediately after GU04 and seems to be reproducible across servers and at different times of day (i.e. different server loads) - so I suspect it is not lag. Perhaps it is a rendering issue, a stealth change that had this ugly side effect. Who knows. Just sucks not being able to hack turrets for now.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jellyman_E

I thought I wasn't sitting close enough to the turret the first few times but after making sure I was close I still always died. something is really wrong. I hate it. and whats up with getting only 25xp for hacks and being limited to 4 turrets and 4 terminals per base? killing turrets you get 100xp and killing terminals you get 40xp. enginers and medics are restricted like that. I say just double the hack xp to 50xp.
  4. OldMaster80

Agreed, nothing in the patch notes. But after GU04 I'm experiencing so many rendering issue that I find quite obvious they changed something, or they changed some parameters that affected rendering somehow.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kaisuke7

yah its change if u don't have an smg, you'll be gun down most likely.
  6. Rhyl

Even with an smg you can be gunned down. They kill you half the time before you even see them.
  7. Kaisuke7

not sure if its a glitch or what but its no surprise its not fixed yet.
  8. commandoFi

I believe this is a bug. I had a friend hack a turret with a player in it while we both waited to kill him. Ejected player killed the friendly infil before being properly rendered.
  9. m44v

Is even more funny that if you place mines, they detonate when they are ejected but do no damage whatsoever.
  10. OldMaster80

Any news? Is this fixed after today's patch or? :rolleyes:
  11. m44v

today's patch was for enable phyx afaik, but by all means, go and hack an occupied turret. Let us know if you survive.
  12. Rohxer

Hacked a turret last night. He killed me dead before I even saw him render. I even started firing pre-emptively at the empty space. Never even saw him at all except on the death screen with no damage. Next time I'm just going to hack and run, hopefully he'll render by the time he runs into a mine. :rolleyes:
  13. Rhyl

Anyone post this on twitter to them yet?
  14. Mustarde

Just tweeted them - hoping for a fix in a week or two!
  15. Rhyl

Same here. This bug drives me more insane than any other.
  16. Astraka

It completely negates a lot of our utility and ruins a lot of the fun I usually have in towers. I'll see a guy shelling our forces with a Phalanx Turret or harassing our fighters with the Aspis and the only thing I can do is twiddle my thumbs... its infuriating.
  17. Vaphell

i predict the fix will be around GU6 or 7. 2 cycles seems to be standard for inf related bugzors.

if you are still planning to hack the guy out because you really really need the turret, your only option is to get into the turret asap and forget about the dude. The problem is he knows you are there and if he is of a class that can destroy the turret or hack you out, there is nothing you can do about it especially in case of AV. AP mine won't protect your back because they do nothing in this scenario (explode and deal 0 damage).
    At least with AA turrets you can try defending yourself because they have 360 rotation, unfortunately they can't hit peeps that are too close. Bummer.

When you abandon the turret and expect company, bail by jumping to the nearest side and try to use anything that can reduce/eliminate fall damage, touching anything mid-air resets the fall time/distance counter or whatever. With the defensive upgrades everywhere in towers there are many things you can use (rails, tall protective anti-HE plates, ...). You can easily make it from the top floor to the ground without taking even a pixel of dmg in 3-4 well placed jumps.
  18. Manetheren

Gosh this annoys me to no end. Afraid to hack turrets now unless they're empty :oops:
  19. m44v

You can still hack it and die as a hero :p
    • Up x 1
  20. zaspacer