Hackers are getting ridiculous

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Droidverizer, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Droidverizer

"Last night, on April 2nd, 2024, at The Emerald server, there was a hacker present for hours. I can't believe there is no one at Daybreak who can intervene and ban the perpetrator from the game. Daybreak, you need to get your act together and devise strategies to prevent such incidents. Hackers are detrimental to the gaming experience; I work all day and return home late, hoping to relax and enjoy some gameplay, only to find it ruined by a hacker who sabotages sunderers, galaxies, and everything else in sight. Hackers are achieving their goal of ruining the game, and Daybreak, you're failing miserably to address the issue.
    Consider involving players in the banning process, as seen in other games. Implement server-side scripts to detect suspicious behavior; for instance, if a player continuously destroys vehicles, the script could automatically flag and ban them, or at least restrict their abilities. Please take action on this matter!"
  2. AuricStarSand

Yeah; the game prolly needs a auto ban feature; even if that feature gets abused once awhile to mass troll report someone who wasn't guilty; oh well. The situation with hackers is by far worst than any situation with false reports would cause.

Hackers effect hundreds of people; the whole alert. While 1 guy getting falsely reported by a troll outfit; if so; would only effect one or two people till they are reinstated a day later.

Simply since " waiting " for devs to come online to deal with this flying turret guy; hasn't been soon enough. He's been on for 4 to 6 days? I don't even see how flying a turret for 4 to 6 days would be fun, it's not. Less he's a 10 year old chinese guy. I don't know. Tho It seems boring to do multiple days; which leads me to believe he's trying to ruin the game.

& ye it's seriously killing the entire vehicle experience. Limiting the hour to routers only. Past 4 nights.

So what would the devs rather do; make a voting ban option; where they may have to pardon a few falsley accused guys who were reported once per week. Or keep it how it is, where a flying turret can ruin 4 evenings in a row; for hundreds of people; before a dev deals with him.

Should just be " hey guys everyone report " FlyingToTheNC " or whatever his name was something like that; & he gets banned instantly; without having to wait for a dev.

I mean how often are outfits gonna mass report someone who didn't deserve it? Not very often at all.
    Less often than hackers & less often then waiting for a dev to get online.

Also if people mass report someone falsley; it's not going to be a pub;
    it's going to be a outfit; so they know who to blame.
    2 false reports per 2 weeks or hacker ruining multiple nights per week?
    So waiting for a dev is the lesser solution.

What would it take to auto ban? 15 total /reports? Also if 15 people are falsely reporting people, it's going to be the same 15 people who are trolling, week after week, theirs not gonna be a new set of 15 trolls who false report. So you know who to deal with about that issue. I mean less someone says " report this guy " and 15 noobs accidently report the wrong person. Then just make the ban need 18 people? +3 more, doubt 18 noobs would accidently false report someone.

Also if the guy just changes his vpn and name; how does waiting for a dev help? So maybe player reports having a instant effect would have to happen anyways. Less they find a way for flying turrets to not happen ever again; tho the guy has upgraded his hacks to teleporting infantry around; which he wasn't doing a day ago. Dude is able to teleport throw infantry into space & throw infantry into mountains. So he was effecting only vehicles; now infantry too.
    • Up x 1
  3. karlooo

A better question is how's one able to infiltrate the game like this?
    Where do you even start, to be able to change your character into a turret and fly at light speed, with no clip?
    I am pretty sure you cannot even noclip as a spectator. Where do they get such abilities?
    • Up x 1
  4. Twin Suns

Ghost in the Machine. o7
  5. AuricStarSand

He's on Indar right now. near Howling. Ye. Just toss players ability to /report him with 15 to 20 votes. He gets banned. Then toss players a 2nd way to find the hackers name, since I've never even seen the flying turrets guys name I had to be told his name. Yet I've seen him 10 different days.

Also I was wondering if he's a script. Yet he seems to mess with you so idk. More of a troll. I'd bet chinese troll.
    This many days is stupid. Any usa guy woulda talked by now. He hasn't.
  6. AuricStarSand

The nights ending with 1 outddated sniper hacker around Amerish Ascent mountains. named WhoopWhoopVS. different from the flying turret guy.

Tbh the lame outtdated sniper hacks are worst than the flying turret. Flying turret means no vehicles. While sniper hacks means no infantry.

So with flying turret you may still farm with routers. Yet with sniper you don't get to play infantry at all.

p.s. now they left.