Hackers and cheaters are rampant!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ac3s, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Ac3s

In the past there was the occasional cheater, but in the last 2 weeks I have become completely disgusted by the increase in cheater activity. I play on the Miller server and almost every single day there are these cheaters hiding under the ground/inside rocks killing everyone, or they use speedhacks on ESF along with aimbots and obliterate everything in the air. Not 5 min ago I was yet again shot out of the sky by these aimbots and I am slowly coming to the conclusion that if this trend is not stopped quickly by SOE that I will lose all hope and stop playing because its just not fun anymore!!!
    All the cheater names always begin with 0000(name)0000 or something like that.
    SOE please do something FAST, your game quality is going down the drain and your response time to remove these cheaters is abysmal. Seriously you let those cheaters decimate every big battle for over 12+ hours before you remove them, and even then they just make a new character and start cheating all over again!
    • Up x 3
  2. Nephera

sounds like they're taking advantage of support staff being on vacation.
  3. Calisai

That combined with the fact that a bunch of the kiddies are off from school and bored, so they go about trolling. It'll naturally get better as they get bored of doing that and have to go back to school.
  4. Ac3s

Lets hope so Calisai, but still why SOE even allows this is just so detrimental to their own game, one person ruins the game for thousands while SOE deleted posts about hackers on the forums as if it doesn't matter.
    Talking about shooting your own foot...twice...
  5. FieldMarshall

Its the same guy, over and over and over...
  6. Utrooperx

I would be happy just seeing the old "System wide" announcements that a GM was around again...that used to work pretty good at dissuading the "funny stuff"...but I think those were the guys that got let go a few months ago, as I haven't seen any announcements in quite some time.

Rather then posting here about it, you might have better luck directly inquiring to Smed on Reddit...or tweet @j_smedley or mail him at jsmedley@soe.sony.com. Tell him how you feel.

Smed said previously he was going to "get" these hackers...can't hurt to remind him.

If you feel there is a "script kiddie" problem present in PS2, the BEST way to get action is to "go to the top" via extremely public posts...Reddit, Twitter, Facebook...be polite, but firm in your expectation of a "level playing field" and demand results, not a inconclusive /report in-game function that is apparently meaningless.

IMO, every server should have a GM "spectating" 24/7...at the very least...or a "probability script" that picks up excessively abnormal gameplay and instantly locks the account pending GM review.
  7. Ac3s

Saturday 4th of January 13.50h, yet another alert ruined on miller, "capture esamir" with two cheaters on the NC side, one killing everyone in the spawnroom and the other one killing everything in the sky with hes reaver using speedhack and aimbot.
    Posting about this on the Reddit forums does nothing, SOE rather deletes my posts about it instead of taking action.

I'm beginning to lose count on how many times I just logged off out of frustration because of these things and the inaction of SOE.
    Its like they just don't care.

And I'm really wandering why not more people are posting on the forums about this, if people would speak out on this huge issue then maybe SOE would finally take notice.