Hacker every evening, late at night when population is low forcing everyone to log off.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NotziMad, Sep 20, 2021.

1. NotziMad

I quit this game 6 months ago or something like that, I came back temporarily because the game I was planning on playing (New World) got delayed. So I'm not back, I'll be gone in a week or so. So just to say that this post isn't about me, or my personal interests, I have none invested in PS2, I'm leaving (again I guess). I'm not looking for a reaction or a reply or anything, I just want to share what I feel is an important part of my experience since I got back, important to me, when I played, but important to you, as a company.

For the past week (roughly), because of my personal schedule, I've been playing late at night. on EU server Cobalt. As you know, during that time the server population is very low, dropping sometimes to 40 players. That's 40 players in the entire server, all factions combined.

The low population and the time is relevant because

a) I assume the moderation team doesn't work late at night (and that's assuming they are based in the EU time zone) and

b) if hackers run around aimbotting and shooting through walls at prime time, they get reported really fast and dealt with and/or whatever damage they cause is relatively insignificant with regards to every one else's' gaming experience.

But late at night all the way to the early morning, this guy (or girl) has been cheating every day. Changing accounts as he got banned.

The strange thing is, hes been trying to forward the interests of his faction, by capturing bases and pushing down a lane or defending a base and destroying all teh spawns by shooting them from the spawn.

In the past week (or maybe a bit more), he's gone through at least 4 accounts. I would estimate he reached maybe BR20 before getting banned, maybe a bit higher than that.

But it's not enough ! He keeps coming back! Every night !

Tonight, he pushed all the way down one lane to the warpgate. Anyone who would try and fight him got whacked so obviously they would either leave in disgust, looking for another fight somewhere else, or log off. Personally, I tried fighting elsewhere before eventually realising there is nothing I could do and so logged off.

I'm assuming he did this against both factions (he was TR) as the NC and VS population both dropped and dropped and dropped. This was not players changing faction to TR, this was players logging off (you can tell by checking the population tracker website, if people change faction, the faction % change but not the overall population).

When I logged off, there was no fights over 1-12 pop, maybe 1 or 2 really small fights with less than 4 players, TR's population was really high (I can't remember, maybe 80% and NC and VS both bellow 20%. This is players that logged off, quit playing, because of this hacker, no other reason than that. It's why I logged off, you can't fight a hacker for very long, not with this low population of players, you just can't. So there really is only one option isn't there, log off...

He ruined the gaming experience not only of the NC and VS players he made log off, but also of his own faction who was left with no one to fight. Quite literally.

This is unacceptable. This is on you Daybreak. I've played this game since its release in the winter of 2012, that's 9 years of playing the same game, which is also why I am writing this post, in all those years, I have never EVER seen something like this happen. I've never seen it this bad in any other games I've played, F2P or not...

Hackers exist, yeah we know (despite what many players used to say) but this problem wasn't nearly as bad before I quit 6 months ago. I mean that that player could do this EVERY DAY ????? Every single night?? All night long? We're talking at least 4 hours at a time, maybe more, every single night !!!

It doesn't matter if its your fault or not, you hold the responsibility of securing the gaming experience of your players and you are not doing your job.

This guy literally made the NC and VS population log off. Literally. When players log off like that, it's not a good sign, but if it continues, and this is also why I'm writing this post, you'll find that these players might find something else to play.

Who wants to even try playing a game in these conditions? Seriously? Who in their right mind would even bother?

PS. That guy isn't the only hacker I've seen, I've seen a hell of a lot more than when I last played, a hell of a lot more...