Hack of Bug?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ixal, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Ixal

Just had a strange encounter on Woodman.

I was driving with a sunderer to the frontlines when I met an enemy sunderer with one person in it. I stop and start shooting at him with my turrets and he returns fire.

As I cycle through the turrets when they reload and got a headstart I deal damage faster than he does. When he got low he jumped out and instantly repaired his sunderer to full. Luckily some other people joined the fight and distracted him so I could repair my sunderer a bit and start shooting again. And again we got him low and he instantly repaired.
    Only on the 3rd time we could deal damage fast enough so that he had no time to do, whatever he did. He jumped out as his sunderer exploded and then simply vanished. It was on a open plane with no hiding place nearby. There was no kill message and no one could find him (people were standing right next to the sunderer, so they had a clear line of sight). The enemy also wasn't deployed so he couldn't have changed into an infiltrator.

I know there is a instant repair bug when repairing generators, but I have never seen it on vehicles yet.

Edit: Sorry, title should read "Hack or bug?"
  2. Sowahka

I just experienced this bug as an engineer with my Scythe. Instantly repaired three times in a row, no idea what caused it.
  3. Badname2059

It is a bug. Happened to me last night in a Magrider. Definitely gave me a major advantage, but its certainly not something you can force on a whim.
  4. Ixal

As I said, never had it on a vehicle. But turrets and generators? All the time (wasn't that extreme 1 week ago).
    Yesterday half an AMP station (generator & turrets) were instant repairs with no XP.
  5. Kediec

It's a bug with the repair mechanism, especially if you have a few certs in it. I've been seeing it a lot of it this weekend on my engie tool with lvl 5 upgrade, although only on Gens and Base Turrets so far, never had it happen with a vehicle yet.
  6. Badname2059

It definitely happens on anything you can repair. I've had it happen on vehicles, turrets, generators, and even a MAX once. Its both indiscriminate and unpredictable.
  7. Sowahka

It seems to work per spawn though. For me it was working every time I repaired something in one life, the moment I died is when the bug stopped.
  8. Badname2059

I've had it stop working in one lifetime, again last night with the magrider. Not sure it has much to do with the spawn so much as the actual cert and its calculations. I never had it happen once until I started certing the repair tool. But like with most bugs, there isn't really anyway for us to know the cause unless we are a dev with a debug window open.
  9. Agriv8

I remember when i experienced a bug i was playing light infantry and had 2 health bars instead of a shield and health, needless to say i was proud to be the son of a max unit.