Hack and cheat discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Solafide, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Solafide

I'm sure some of you know I am very proactive in this discussion
    I'm also old, bitter, and paranoid...
    Become an admin on a server and you will too..
    I will give SOE props for allowing some long threads and heated discussions about hacking, it's important that as a community, we discuss this issue, it's better to be informed...

I am not one to cry hack everytime I get owned, I guess because I have run servers for years in many games I can spot them, but as paranoid as I am, my mates tease me becuase I am the most paranoid yet I am the last to hand down bans....

Hacking is one thing, proof is another...many of these players have names relating to cheating, hacking, file extensions, or even use the same name that they use to post up on hack forums, really stupid and we have caught more cheaters that way, probably more than screen shots (When screen shots actually mattered)

I wake up, thank SOE, play a few hours, get mad, rinse repeat...I'll give SOE the benefit of the doubt, they made a great game, have been very active with the community and very accessable to the player feedback

Please don't let us down...