HA weapon all race

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by wtflol123, Jul 28, 2013.

1. wtflol123

hi i need to know the best HA weapon for all 3 race, medium to short range.
  2. Rogueghost

For medium to short, range it would be hands down the orion for the vanu.
    For the Tr its a close call between the msw-r and the t9-carv, both are good medium to short range weapons, with the msw-r being slightly better at short range then the carv and the carv being slightly better then the msw-r in medium range.
    I don't play much nc so you'll need an NC player to clear that up but if I'm not mistaken the anchor is one of their better/best close range weapons.
    • Up x 1
  3. HerpTheDerp

Orion/SVA-88, MSW-R, Anchor
    • Up x 1
  4. Konfuzfanten

Vanu: Orion.
    TR: If you can kill more then 2 guys at the same time: Carv. If you cant kill 2 guys at the same time: MSW-R
    NC: ScatterMAX.
  5. R3volutionist

ScatterMAX?

Anyway basically what they said for TR and Vanu. NC I would say the Anchor. Also the jackhammer is not bad at medium range and probably the best weapon up close in the game if you can get the first shot on target everytime, if you miss you're probably dead.
  6. IronTyrant

For TR the best short to medium is the MSW-R though very similar to the carv its better hip fire means it just pips it in close range. if you want more info on it here is my full review:
  7. Konfuzfanten

Bad joke.

Dont know whats the best NC for short-medium range.

I play both Vanu and TR and when fighting against NC is nearly always the same. Deploy to defend something that has 1-12 enemies. After them killing 1-2 times, NC always comes back with their MAX, while TR and vanu 2/3 time gives up and 1/3 of the time pulls MAX's.
  8. R3volutionist

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was a joke or something haha. It's funny how different factions have different opinions, as an NC player I always feel that TR and especially Vanu ALWAYS have numerous MAXes pulled and the NC hardly have any. I do know that my squad will pull back and load up on MAX suits if we feel like we are going to lose a battle. So I guess that reinforces your opinion haha.
  9. Konfuzfanten

I hate getting MAX spam, but at least i get it from NC. They are missing that really good CQC LMG, like the Carv/MSW/Orion to really storm a place.
  10. R3volutionist

Yeah I use the anchor, but with a 50 round mag it's hard to storm the room against multiple enemies, and I really don't see many NC using it for some reason, the other guns we have like EM1 and SAW S are cast aside to the SAW and EM6, but they aren't really good for assaulting. You really need the hacksaw max to punch through, and even then it's a couple of kills and you have to reload. The Anchor is probably the closest thing we have.

The Orion is great because I think it's a .75 movement modifier while ADS, it also has a huge clip with little recoil so that's probably the best mobile warrior weapon for CQC. The TR have some good guns too, but I try to make due with what the NC have, the Anchor packs a nice punch.
  11. TheTreeness

The Gauss SAW is the best for all ranges, it's the highest skill cap LMG in the game and absolutely dominates in CQC when you become a headshot master.
    It is definitely, by far, the best LMG on NC, anyone who uses the EM6 or Anchor over the Gauss SAW should be shot. Anyone who mentions the NS-15m in this thread should also be shot, repeatedly.

If we were to compare every LMG under 20 metres and every shot landed and every shot that landed was a headshot, no LMG under 698 RPM can compete with the Gauss SAW TTK. Even then the max TTK headshot difference between the 750 RPM LMGs is 0.04 max with the 698 LMGs having a much smaller TTK difference.
    In summary Orion/MSW-R if your a decent player, Gauss SAW when you become a better player or want to become a better player.

I've auraxiumed every VS LMG, and have over 2k kills, 30% accuracy, 30% HS/K and 1.3 KPM with the Gauss SAW.
  12. Adamar09

No-one mentioned the NS-15M. Aside from you?

That aside, suggesting that the SAW can perform very well in CQC because it does well with an aimbot is ******* absurd. It has the worst moving accuracy of all LMGs (and automatic weapons) the equal worst hipfire and the highest penalty for missing shots.

In "ideal situations" the 167 damage guns kill in the same number of headshots - with SPA the Anchor (or the Flare) is "potentially" a 3 shot kill out to 15m (disregarding nanoweave, natch).
    Assuming Nanoweave 4, past 10m damage falloff on the SAW means you need 4 headshots to skill. The lower RoF combined with the damage falloff of the SAW in the situation you described actually screws it more than other weapons. At that range 167s are also a 4 HS kill with 50-100 higher RoF.

With a lower headshot ratio you have better KPM on the Orion than the SAW, so it's more work for less reward. Right. And a whole 21 kills with the EM6. What a bloody great indicator. So please stop saying people should be shot for going against your really well-founded opinions.
    • Up x 2
  13. Stromberg

For Vanu I'd suggest the SVA over the Orion because it's useable at all ranges. If you feely ballsy, you can even duke it out with those pesky Infiltrators. And it's still very deadly close and medium.
  14. TheTreeness

NS-15m is sub-par, I mentioned it because some players swear by it on the HA forums when all faction alternatives are obviously superior in almost everyway and the only real use I can see for it is for MLG balance.
    Just because you can't imagine anyone headshotting consistently high doesn't mean its impossible for a human player. If you've seen any of the classic UT or quake pros they have human aimbot skills that would have no trouble achieving that extreme precision since it's nothing compared to what they pulled off.

Moving COF comes into strong effect when you full auto if you had any real experience with the Gauss SAW or any weapon you'd know that burst firing a certain amount of shots depending on the distance will still keep you very accurate.
    EM6/Anchor potential is sub-par compared to the Gauss SAW a quick look at their stats and you can tell they have nothing on the Gauss SAW at it's peak potential.
  15. HerpTheDerp

LOL @ the VS player suggesting SAW. If I didn't know all VS players are brainless I'd suspect he is purposefully misleading people so that he can score more kills against the helpless SAW users.

"Ability to kill 2 guys at the same time" is not dependant on your skill but on the lack of skill of said guys.

Also, MSW-R has enough bullets in a mag to kill two people. You know, if you can aim.
  16. Sossen

The Jackhammer.
  17. KnightCole

Good all rounder? I only know of the EM6. There really is no general yse lmg in the other factions. They all r meh in one area and fail like a world of tanks player everywhere else.
  18. TheTreeness

The fact that you called Gauss SAW users "helpless" shows that you are a sub-standard player who's never had any real experience with the Gauss SAW.
    OP asked for the best HA weapon across all factions and didn't specify a range so it's assumed across all ranges of which the Gauss SAW wins out.
  19. Konfuzfanten

Yea a 50 mag LMG is awesome, like when you:
    a) concussion a room with 3-4 guys and then fail horribly because you run out of ammo.
    b) are laying surpression fire on the main enemy sundy, where ppl are respawning from.
    c) engage 2-3 guys at once, only to have to knife/pistol the final guy.
    d) meet a lonely MAX.

With a 100 mag LMG you can win and kill all those enemies in one mag, thats a huge difference. You dont need to switch to your underboss, rocket launcher or C4 to do it. Just pull out that Carv and let them have it.

You cant compensate for running out of bullets, but you can compensate for every so slightly more recoil.

The 50 mag LMGs are great, but if you are fighting in an area where you know you will be facing multiple enemies at once they fall short.
    • Up x 1
  20. DuckSauce

/thread