[Suggestion] HA Lockon Rocket Balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ltcol, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Imp C Bravo

Looks like I am NOT putting up with this crap anymore. Got a tad more than halfway -- was largely ridiculousness. Wrote responses -- deleted them. I recommend you go check THIS page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies and come back.

The thread was a pretty big troll from the get go -- it just all got way crazier.:(
  2. Foxirus

You do have to aim with a lock on, If you don't keep that enemy within the bounding box of your scope, You don't get the lock. You also sacrifice your ability to see whats going on around you, or fight back if someone decides to get in your face, or stay alive long enough to get the lock while you stare at an ESF for 4 seconds...

Using a lock on has a ton of costs. Using that ESF? A one time payment of 350 Nanites.
  3. Problem Officer

Said it before and will repeat.
    1. Fix the old lockons so they have an auto maneuvering delay like the new swarm.
    2. Change smoke and flares so all they do is increase lockon times.
    3. Let us aim straight up regardless of settings.
    4. :)
  4. Silkensmooth

The reason this game is dying and so broken is likely because of forum complainers who dont know anything about whatever they are talking about.

Ground pounders who never fly have no idea about whats really going on.

If they ever tried to fly they would soon see.

I don't even bother flying anymore and i have nearly 60 days in ESF and have shot down over 20k enemy planes. They have given absolutely every ground unit the ability to shoot at ESF.

One problem is that the G2A rockets are really only good against ESF who are dogfighting. Low flying ESF are impossible to lock in time. High flying hovering aircraft are easy targets.

Still dont understand people complaining about air. Just auraxiumed my soas-20 in the last 4 or 5 days thats all ive done. Ive died to ESF i think 3 times during that time. Died to a lib once. I died to tanks probably 100 times. Max's dozens of times.

Air is litterally the thing i die least to as infantry. I even die more often to flash drivers than ESF or even Libs.

They dont even exist at any meaningful battle.

I think thats pretty much how they want it. Air isn't an issue at any fight that isnt on hossin.

If you are dying to air in today's game then you are just god-awful terrible and should go practice something easier like knitting.

However if i were to make a suggestion it would be that G2A missiles only lock onto ESF that are equipped with A2G weapons. Make the locks lock onto rocket pods and AI guns instead of the ESF themselves and problem solved.

Noobs who pound helpless infantry deserve to die horribly anyway.
  5. Demigan

just checked, none of what I said files under any of the fallacies.
  6. Jawarisin

I went to look at your dasanfall page, and I'm not impressed at all. As far as flying, I do fly though I did take a planetside break for like 2-3 months.
  7. Savadrin

I got a Gal kill last night with my Striker.

Obviously OP.
  8. Reclaimer77

It's kind of hard not to hate you.

I mean you blatantly talk about "farming" people on the ground and having a ridiculous K/D in your ESF.

Do you honestly think that's because you are THAT skilled? Sorry, nice fantasy. It's because AA sucks, the ESF is overpowered, and you are abusing the situation as much as you can.

Go 76-6 as infantry consistently and THEN you'll earn respect.
    • Up x 1
  9. Reclaimer77

Not sure if this is hyperbole or it means you are terrible at infantry.

You can shoot a Flash driver dead, kill it with one rocket, or just machine gun it to death.

Comparing it to an ESF or Lib...just come on.
  10. SoljVS

I always love being the focus of hate from peasants so thank you.
  11. Savadrin

Said many aristocrats right before being bludgeoned to death.
  12. SoljVS

Well the more feathers I ruffle the more content for me possibly. Hopefully the hate they experience on the forums will spill over into the game and they will try to come hunt me down. I'll be in the skies over Emerald, so they know where to find me. I'd love to make them part of my next montage.
  13. Savadrin

I'll look for you with the striker if you should happen to farm my TR, I'll change to HA just for you ;)

It's actually a lot of fun, just got it, and though the per rocket damage is crap, it's way more viable to be used as a G2A because of it's flexibility. Plus the ground damage is nice.

If I ever pull my dual walker sundy again I'll be sure to send you a tell as well :p
  14. Reclaimer77

Awww you need virtual gratification to validate yourself.

Kinda sad.
  15. SoljVS

I usually fly mossie. But if I'm on my reaver/scythe and air is empty enough that I'm forced to ground pound I'll make sure to folow the stream of missiles. Flaring negates them just as easily as all the other lock ons.
  16. Savadrin

Indeed it does. But the sheer number of shots and instant reload (comparatively) allows me to cheese you out of your flares more effectively than any other rocket.

Will you eat the first two or flare? And then the next 10? I love it because it's the only 'lockon' that gives me a remote possibility of winning.
  17. SoljVS

Realistically u'd be dead within 2-3 sec after the flare. There wouldn't be any other salvos. I'm very good at following a missile trail and kicking the lock on user in the teeth. Actually have a few shadow plays of headshotting annoying burster maxes and lock-on heavys with hornets within seconds of them announcing their presence to me.
  18. Savadrin

Who says I'll be on foot? ;)
  19. Silkensmooth

Dont normally play a heavy. A also dont grow wool all over my body.

My point is that the lack of air at major battles is so complete that i almost never die to them.

I list my chars in my sig, go look at my killboards.

1 out of 300 deaths is due to ESf when i play infantry.

I die more to flash drivers. And i have over 6k kills on my NC flash so they arent so bad at killing people.
  20. Silkensmooth

http://ps2.fisu.pw/killboard/?name=silkenstr&count=1000

So i may have missed something, but i just looked at my last 1k kills. AS infantry i died to ESF ONCE in the last 1k fights that i had.

I also died once in a harrasser to hornets during that time.

Stories are nice, but numbers tell the true story. I also died a few times to other ESF in my mosquito, but we arent talking about dying to ESF in ESF which is quite common naturally.

As infantry i died ONE single time to ESF.

Admittedly i was playing an infil during that time, so that helps a little. But it wasnt much different when i played heavy.

Air is a non-factor for the most part in any large battle.

Most of the battles in ps2 are very large.

Most of the battles therefore do not have any air at them, at least not for very long.

Therefore most times you arent getting killed by air.

If air isnt killing infantry very often then why should invisible infantry be able to lock high flying A2A esf who dont kill ground forces at all and do 42% damage on guaranteed hits?

Locks on the other hand are completely useless against the ground pounders, who dont exist in large battles either, because they can quickly break los flying at low altitudes as they are wont to do.

I didnt die once to a lib or galaxy in the last 1k fights either.