Guns with the most controllable recoil

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jester7x, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Jester7x

I'll be the first to admit i suck at controlling recoil. That being said i've been enjoying the ns-7 lately since it seems to have very manageable recoil. However i fear a nerf is coming to this gun soon and so I'm looking for some alternatives.

Which guns, regardless of faction, have the most controllable recoil patterns?
  2. Ghosty11

What faction do you play?
  3. Jester7x

Mostly VS but im open to play any faction
  4. treeHamster

Before the patch I had no problem controlling burst recoil, but post PU02, I can't hit jack crap.
  5. Chipay

in terms of recoil, i always found NC the easiest faction to compensate for recoil since the RoF is incredibly slow on many weapons compared to VS's counterparts (NC's CoF however, that's another thing)

In general though, if you want controllable recoil on your gun you should go for the gun with the lowest RoF. In terms of most predictable recoil (^<>), anything you can put an advanced fwd grip on really (it negates horizontal recoil like a boss)
  6. Nocturnal7x

Its because of all the random horizontal recoil they added, advanced forward grip doesn't even feel like it does anything anymore.
  7. Ghosty11

For the VS default Medic AR (Pulsar VS1) is very manageable recoil, and a respectable RoF. I currently use it on my standard Medic loadout with a 2x scope and laser sight, making it a good all-around weapon. It's very accurate even to medium-long range even without the foregrip.
  8. Catch23

For Carbines:

T5 AMC.

Go to VR, try it with adv. Foregrip. Note that you don't need a compensator on it. Those will put you on the minimap from twice as far. You don't want that.

Always use a 1x scope. Larger scope, more effective recoil.

Either this or some assault rifles on medics. HA LMGs have more recoil really.
  9. treeHamster

So that's what it is. Yeah I quit playing because my average score per hour went from around 20k down to 11k. It's stupid.
  10. jiggu

NS weapons. NS-11c, NS-15m and so forth
    • Up x 1
  11. Mhak

You're insane.

I might as well say I personally find VS weapons to have the worst bullet drop among all the factions, or that Magriders do the most damage per shot among all faction tanks.
  12. Captain Sierra

Chipay isn't entirely wrong.
    NC may have some of the highest vertical recoil but what I notice distinctly more with Terran over NC is that TR guns pull to the right, whereas NC weapons usually pull straight up (except the SMGs, which pull right). Vanu weapons, especialy their LMGs, also seem to kick a fair bit more than I expect from them, so NC weapons, at least to me, feel the most natural and easiest to control, perhaps because I play almost exclusively NC.

Also, except for now shotgun slugs, VS have no bullet drop, just poor velocity.
  13. Captain Sierra

They incr
    They increased vertical recoil on CQC weapons to prevent people from using them at range. At least in VR, I was able to consistently outperform the 'long range' weapons with burst fire on CQC weapons. All they have done is try to put CQC weapons in their place. If you want range with burst fire, try the weapons with low RoF and high damage, like a Gauss SAW, AC-X11, Razor GD-23, or whatever your factional equivalent is if you don't play NC.
  14. Ribero

15. Hasteras

The NS-7 is getting nerfed?
  16. Captain Sierra

In response to the OP:
    As for NC, I find any CQC weapon has a fairly low recoil to conpensate for the high RoF. That said, PS2 automatically compensates for recoil a half second after you stop shooting, so the weapon recenters itself if you do nothing, consequently, burst damage weapons (shotguns and sniper rifles) require almost no compensation. Semi-auto shotguns are 2-3 shot kills out to 15 meters. You only have to compensate for 1-2 shots worth of recoil.
    ranged weapons have low fire rates but higher recoil per shot. Adding a compensator negates this mostly. Weapons like the Gauss Rifle S and Razor GD-23 with compensators are, IMHO, fairly easy to compensate for. Some Vanu weapons are also pretty easy.

This is the first I have heard of it. It is meant to out-range the other SMGs and this it does well. I agree, it has a high battlefield presence and constantly dying to it may make it seem OP, but it certainly does not make it so. In VR it feels fine.
  17. lilleAllan

Pulsar C
    Corvus
    NS weapons
  18. Jester7x

I took your advice and tried out the T5 as well as the Jaguar. Both very solid guns with easy to use recoil. Gotta test out more VS weapons but im digging the TR guns.
    • Up x 1
  19. LibertyRevolution

NS weapons are the easiest to control.

NS-11A AR (Medic)
    NS-11C Carbine (LA/ENG)
    NS-15M LMG (HA)
    NS7-PDW SMG (Infiltrator)
  20. Mhak

The sarcasm went over your head.

Ftr horizontal recoil in one direction is the best kind because you can compensate for it, just drag the mouse in the opposite direction. When it's balanced right/left horizontal recoil it's random and all you can really do is compensate for the vertical recoil, and that means accuracy is worse. NC usually has more vertical recoil but balanced horizontal recoil, making it both the most severe and hardest recoil to control of all factions, except for a few guns.